Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Fight against mass surveillance

I'm one of the ones that doesn't give a crap if the NSA has tapped my phone, computer, or anything. If they want to see or listen to my conversations I have with my friends and family, let them. I don't have anything to hide or be ashamed of.

Ok,post your browser history here.:p

I'm one of the ones that doesn't give a crap if the NSA has tapped my phone, computer, or anything. If they want to see or listen to my conversations I have with my friends and family, let them. I don't have anything to hide or be ashamed of.

Hi all

Just to test Nicholas on his promise to publish his personal information because he "doesn't give a crap if the NSA has tapped my phone, computer, or anything".

Since the records the NSA have are infact farmed out to contractors I am sure he has no problem with any one seeing the following.

As well as your browser history can you please post your full financial records bank details including all tax and investment your health records your employment and educational history including any school demerits your grades and tests for each month, your sexual preferences, in detail. That list will do to begin with I am sure we can all add additional information requests to it once Nicholas begins, and we begin to discover items on which to leverage additional information requiements.

If Nicholas can start on the easy items in his next post just to prove he is willing to back up his promise. You will of course publish all of this over say 6 months as you have nothing to hide and that is reasonable time frame.

I should of course point out that I accept no responcibility for any records he releases that allow his bank acounts to be hacked or cause his insurance costs to rise or that open him to blackmail or cause him to loose jobs or oportunities etc. as a result.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi all

Just to test Nicholas on his promise to publish his personal information because he "doesn't give a crap if the NSA has tapped my phone, computer, or anything".

Since the records the NSA have are infact farmed out to contractors I am sure he has no problem with any one seeing the following.

I said I don't mind if the NSA has my data. I certainly don't want anyone here to have it. The NSA is different from an individual. An individual isn't harvesting my data to see if I'm a potential terrorist or threat. An individual would want my data to harm me. The NSA has done absolutely no harm to me or my personal information in my life. I've never had my accounts hacked because of the NSA, I've never lost a job because of the NSA. I have had my information hacked from Adobe and Sony by an individual or organization using it to harm me.

I said I don't mind if the NSA has my data. I certainly don't want anyone here to have it. The NSA is different from an individual. An individual isn't harvesting my data to see if I'm a potential terrorist or threat. An individual would want my data to harm me. The NSA has done absolutely no harm to me or my personal information in my life. I've never had my accounts hacked because of the NSA, I've never lost a job because of the NSA. I have had my information hacked from Adobe and Sony by an individual or organization using it to harm me.

Mmmm... i refuse to lose my freedom and privacy for a greater security. And NSA isn't well known for his efficiency, to say the least.

Mmmm... i refuse to lose my freedom and privacy for a greater security. And NSA isn't well known for his efficiency, to say the least.

I sure haven't lost my freedom. I haven't lost my privacy either. If I want to have a private conversation with someone I will tell them to meet me in person to discuss.

If I want to have a private conversation with someone I will tell them to meet me in person to discuss.

With this last phrase you basically said what is wrong with mass surveillance today.If you want to speak with someone in private you have to invite them over instead of using your pc to chat them or the phone.

I also doubt that NSA is full of people that are outstanding pillars of morality.

Yeah they might not empty your bank account or hack your fb acc to post pics with you naked,but I sure as hell don't want the whole NSA(or every agency around the world for that matter) to know that Krycek talked about hot wax with his gf last night.:p

Yeah they might not empty your bank account or hack your fb acc to post pics with you naked,but I sure as hell don't want the whole NSA(or every agency around the world for that matter) to know that Krycek talked about hot wax with his gf last night.:p

That's a good example of the paranoia of the whole 'mass surveillance' misnomer. Those with a lack of knowledge think that every phone call and email is scrutinised by someone when it isn't. They are looking for a tiny fraction of 1% of the meta data they collect (which isn't contents) relating to certain targets. Unless you call or email someone in the Taliban, Mexican Cartels or Russian/Chinese/North Korean military or similar no one will bother looking further. They don't have the resources to do that.

One thing that bothers me about all this is that much like the CND and other peace campaigns the aim of this is one way - against western Interests. The petition in post 1 is not against mass surveillance everywhere - it's targeted at the NSA. If this was a legitimate and just campaign it would be against mass surveillance wherever it occurs. Has anyone at the Guardian or anywhere else focused on the mass surveillance that occurs in China or Russia?

Have a read of this, contains similarities doesn't it?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_influence_on_the_peace_movement

Putin's playing the same game he was trained to do in the 70's and 80's. Now the internet exists it's much easier, all he had to do was set up Russia Today to make some of the crap look legitimate.

There is a new cold war and it's already about 7 years old, many analysts in Russian affairs have noticed the same patterns particularly within BRICS.

The New Cold War: How the Kremlin Menaces Both Russia and the West [Paperback]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-New-Cold-War-Kremlin/dp/0747596360

The Snowden Operation

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Snowden-Operation-Greatest-Intelligence-ebook/dp/B00I0W61OY/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1392376026&sr=1-1

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

I sure haven't lost my freedom. I haven't lost my privacy either. If I want to have a private conversation with someone I will tell them to meet me in person to discuss.

You do know that people at the NSA have used their power to do such things like spying on love interests etc.? You really trust an organisation like that?

That's a good example of the paranoia of the whole 'mass surveillance' misnomer. Those with a lack of knowledge think that every phone call and email is scrutinised by someone when it isn't. They are looking for a tiny fraction of 1% of the meta data they collect (which isn't contents) relating to certain targets. Unless you call or email someone in the Taliban, Mexican Cartels or Russian/Chinese/North Korean military or similar no one will bother looking further. They don't have the resources to do that.

Paranoia is usually when someone sees a conspiracy everywhere or thinks that CIA goes after his garbage and that fly on the wall is actually a mic.Sometimes is actually good not believe everything a(any) government will say.

Going by your logic I could easily say the same thing about the people that believe "OMG terrorists are everywhere,under my window,on my lawn,at the mall,of course I'll let the government to do what the hell they want,it's for the common good".

If there's one thing that I do agree with you though is when you say this should be targeted to mass surveillance everywhere and indeed it pisses me off that NSA is suddenly the only evil in the world.It's hypocrisy at it's finest when other countries are bitching about US when they did(do)the same thing,France's DGSE,UK and multiple agencies around the world comes to mind.

Oh yeah one more thing about Snowden.Throughout the history it's pretty known that when someone brings your dirty laundry into public space you can either solve things KGB style by let him "fell on the stairs about 7 times"(very dangerous these days,it could bite you in the ass unless you're in Russia) or either by having these so-called detractors that try to switch public opinion and make people believe that X or Y person was a clown,had a hidden agenda,was the enemy spy,insert other pitiful excuses.I see books are starting to pop out,can't wait for the inevitable "Snowden the double agent" movie.If we're lucky we might even get a game based on the movie.:p

The end result is to try to make that person fall into obscurity or discredit him.

Edited by Krycek

Year 1984 is realised by NWO by different steps, example: last week in Polish press there was article "why not delete cash" and there were series of articles "lets make all money virtual on bank accounts, lets delete all cash in future",

someone will ask what cash and bank cards have to survilance?

- everything what you buy - it is noted, it is noted what you buy, where you buy, so your preferences about sex, food, clothing are known, it is known what jeans color you wear etc. and what clothes you have in wordrobe,

- you cannot buy anything if your card is blocked by computer system in bank, even bread or single round, so you are controlled, if they want to track you, they gonna track by credit card operations, "he bought red jeans and black jacket, so he wears them now, look for guy wearing like this, he has in his wordrobe only red and black clothes, so look for guy in those colors" etc. etc. or "he bought scope to rifle he bought year ago, he plans assasination" etc.

- you can work whole life and someone pushes "delete" button on account and you suddenly have nothing and you are lost, you are not satisfied with government ? than click "delete" on your account and no need to kill you by bullet, you die from hunger and starvation cause you cannot buy bread, you cannot shoot corrupted agent cause you cannot buy rounds in gun store, etc. you publish too much on internet , than removing payment for internet operator or telecomunication operator and ... you cut from web, noone need to order CIA hackers to hack, just by payment on accounts, and without cash you cannot pay by other way than virtual money which are just numbers in bank system,

mass survillance is NOT "camera on every corner, CIA software that spy emails abroad", mass survillance is in bank systems in first steps,

if idea of removal of cash will be realised, soon later we gonna be slaves, so far propaganda prepares and washes people's brain "how good not to have cash, noone will rob you on street, you will not loose wallet , you will not have to care about looking for cash mashine before doing shoping",

proposals of removal cash in next decade are one of most f*** ideas i have heard since years

Edited by vilas

@vilas

Did you know 1984 was written to parody life under totalitarian communism? You know, that ideology/system you think is better than democracy?

Clearly you don't have a credit or debit card, if you did you would know that Banks only know where you shopped, when and how much you paid. they don't know what you bought.

@Crycek

You seem upset because most intelligence analysts think Snowden is a "useful idiot" for the FSB, no need to discredit him at all, he does that himself. If he doesn't believe in mass surveillance in general why the selective stealing / releases? Was there no damaging information on Russia / China or North Korea in the data bases? I would like to know how someone is defined that follows / believes in a "useful idiot". No doubt the status would be somewhat lower?

So if Snowden is just a useful idiot that could blew up their little orwellian op this says a lot about how very secure is all this data in their hands.For someone who defend them so much you sure make them sound like a bunch of amateurs.Also who are these "most intelligence analysts"?You talked with all of them?

If they work for NSA yeah they're still probably a bit pissed.:icon_lol:

If he has damaging info on Russia it would be pretty stupid for him to release it considering he has to choose staying there or getting arrested in other country and then getting deported to US and judged for treason.I mean this is common sense,do you bite the hand that feeds you,in this case keeps your ass out of jail or worse?

About NK I'm not sure what else you expect to find out about them.In 2014 you still need Snowden to tell you how screwed up things are there or what kind of sick hobbies Kim&the gang discovers when they get bored??

Edited by Krycek

i refuse to lose my freedom and privacy for a greater security.

Privacy is an illusion ... if you do have privacy, be glad that you (like me) are not powerful or important enough to have it violated in any meaningful manner.