Sign in to follow this  
chumysl

Help! Converting ArmA 2 custom model to OFP

I've just had a reply from Dwarden about this and he said:

"Outside Arma 3 and DayZ and DayZmod content those files released with Arma license shall be portable across all Arma games (CWA, A1,A2,OA,A3)

Just for sure re-verify each file license"

That's fair, and nice.

Ok, I was just scanning the forum for answer and this is half of the answer I'm looking for. I have to go through the lecis to verify it. The other half of the answer I'm looking for is how to port arma p3d to ofp? I tested it once and it took me 2 hours to get the model but texture doesn't seem to load it even though I already change the path.

Ok, I was just scanning the forum for answer and this is half of the answer I'm looking for. I have to go through the lecis to verify it. The other half of the answer I'm looking for is how to port arma p3d to ofp? I tested it once and it took me 2 hours to get the model but texture doesn't seem to load it even though I already change the path.

Porting Content from A2 to OFP will need some considerable work as A2 models are more detailed then OFP etc.

Porting Content from A2 to OFP will need some considerable work as A2 models are more detailed then OFP etc.

I was aware of that that's why I use armed assault once. I search for instruction but couldn't find one. What I did was load a arma p3d in oxygen2 and made a quick select all, press E and delete the rvmat and shorten texture path name then save. I then export it to older p3d format using oxygen 2 with export option then load the exported file to oxygen light. thing with that is it doesn't load the texture no matter what I do. I already swap the texture path but it still couldn't find the texture even if it was there. oxygen2 light has no UV mapping feature I can use and I suck in texturing polygons. Anyone got an efficient way of doing it?

If you haven't already done so,try putting your project folder into the O2 light main folder.

So you have \O2\Project_folder\Texturename.

The example models already have uv co-ordinates.And the unwrapping is far better

than any of the default OFP/CWA content.

It still can't find the texture. I already put both p3d and paa in the same folder but still texture is missing. I tried loading it in gatebuilder but same result. I loaded existing ofp p3d in the same directory and texture is loaded fine. It's just with the p3d I converted that doesn't work.

EDIT: fixed it. Problem was texture format was dxt5. Strange thing buldozer did not give an error. I change the format to RGBA4444 which I think is the for ofp. Tried RGBA5551 and also work and has better alpha transparecy and color than RGBA4444. But I read in the wiki that RGBA5551 is only for arma1 and 2. :p buldozer is ofp engine so assume it should load RGBA5551 fine. I hope.

Edited by Capjerahya
problem fixed