Sign in to follow this  
johny305

[WIP]Arma Social network

Today i have created an arma community social network it is just alike facebook but redesigned completly here u can ask for help release missions and other cool stuff that most communitys dont off

Users Features

Live Chat, Messages & Comments.News Feed (Friends Activity): displays messages posted by friends, online friends, friends suggestions and more.Timeline (Personal Feed): displays all the messages posted by the author (personal feed), online friends and more.Profile (Public Timeline): Displays your public profile along with Events, Archieve, Places and more.Messages (Chat): Displays your friends based on their last activity, showing both online and offline friends.Photos: upload up to 9 images at a time, displayed as gallery (facebook like).Events: Photos, Videos, Maps (Google Maps), Custom Locations, Movies, Songs, Games, Meals.Likes for messages with latest avatars preview and total likes counter.Share messages from other users on your timeline.#hashtag in messages, comments and chat conversations.Trending Topics: Top 5 trending topics on Feed/Timeline page and Top 10 Trending Topics on #hashtag search page.Notifications Center: Get notifications (red notification with counter) from your friends when they: Like, Share, Comment, Chat and New Friends.Block: Users can block other users preventing them from chatting with each other.Profile Privacy: Public (everyone can see the profile), Semi-Private (only friends can see the page), Private only you can see the profile.Message Privacy: Public (available for public and semi-private profiles), Private (available only to the author).Online Privacy: Appear Online (when available) or Always Offline.Report: Messages and Comments.E-mail Notifications: when someone post a comment on your message or like it.Notifications when new messages are posted on Feed, Subscriptions and Profile pages.Sound notifications for New Notifications & Messages (triggers only when the page is not focused).Emoticons (smiles) in Messages, Comments and Chat.Verified Profiles.Password recovery.Unified Search Box: Live search for #hashtags and users (by Usernames, Names and Emails) with filter for Males of Females genres.Covers and avatars for user profilesRetina Display Ready Responsive Design (optimized for iPhone 5 and other iOS devices)Filters Messages: Events (Pictures, Music, Videos, etc) and Archives (by Months [Timeline]).Filters Notifications: Messages, Comments, Likes, Chat conversations.Ajaxed pagination sitewide.Friends suggestions (for new users).Add Social Profiles for: Facebook, Twitter and Google+.Turn On/Off visual notifications for Likes, Comments, Shares, Friendships, and Chat conversations.Turn On/Off e-mail notifications for Likes and Comments and New Friends.Log-in: Users can use both usernames and emails to log-in into their accounts.YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud (with playlist for profiles) players integration into messages.

See you guys there and remember this is a work in progress

WEB DEV WANTED!

LINK : http://www.armabook.net/

Edited by johny305

Today i have created an arma community social network it is just alike facebook but redesigned completly here u can ask for help release missions and other cool stuff that most communitys dont off

I don't want to talk down your effort, but it looks more like you acquired a license for some software and installed it on a server (and bought a domain).

You don't create something like a social networking site in a day (as a full-time webdeveloper and front-end developer who's working on one currently I can tell you that), and this is definitely not "just alike facebook" and especially not "completly redesigned" (or designed at all).

Also the general purpose of it doesn't come clear to me, we have either forums or communities, why a SN for ArmA?

The web design needs a lot of work. Some parts look like bad edits of Facebook. There's not much purpose to it; everyone has access to this forum which already has everything community members need. Why use your site when someone can just ask another member for their actual Facebook info? Everyone has an account on Facebook, if they don't then there's no reason for them to create an account on your site. I wouldn't trust my private information in your hands either. Also there's no effort on your part. I know you; you are nowhere near capable of creating this. People shouldn't waste time on your site when you didn't bother to do the same.

Edited by zooloo75

The web design needs a lot of work. Some parts look like bad edits of Facebook. There's not much purpose to it; everyone has access to this forum which already has everything community members need. Why use your site when someone can just ask another member for their actual Facebook info? Everyone has an account on Facebook, if they don't then there's no reason for them to create an account on your site. I wouldn't trust my private information in your hands either. Also there's no effort on your part. I know you; you are nowhere near capable of creating this. People shouldn't waste time on your site when you didn't bother to do the same.

If you dont wanna use it then keep it to your self but dont come here putting me down on the hard work i done and it will be a forum / social network why would people want to give other their personal FB where they have all their familys added and stuff its still WIP signing up with a name Johny Sucks and posting fag all over my page is really immature Gavin

Edited by johny305

You shouldn't be taking my criticism as a put-down. I wish you the best of luck.

You shouldn't be taking my criticism as a put-down. I wish you the best of luck.

It is a put down w.e dude

Edited by johny305

If you start a project and can't take any criticism, you shouldn't start a project. Also punctuation rocks! Try it.

You need to check the site in Chrome, it doesn't Seem to display properly.. At least on the version I was using... I agree it also needs a bit of design applied to it, note there are plenty of free templates available that could easily be customized to suit.

Also you do need to think of what angle you are coming from as people will simply just use this forum, you need some marketing my man :)

@brain I agree with johny305, you simply put him down without any real constructive criticism.

Looks an interesting idea, though doesn't work in Google Chrome properly. I haven't tried in other browsers though.

Looks an interesting idea, though doesn't work in Google Chrome properly. I haven't tried in other browsers though.

im using google chrome its just the front login page that is messed up but everything else when u sign up should be fine im trying my hardest to fix it

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

improved UI***

im using google chrome its just the front login page that is messed up but everything else when u sign up should be fine im trying my hardest to fix it

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

improved UI***

Speaking from my web development background i would recommend on testing it on all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari).