Sign in to follow this  
pipyn1970

strange noises

Hi guys,

this might sound odd but I have to ask. I make missions for my mate & I. The latest mission I made (taking the saddle) had something strange that I didnt put in. If anyone would like to hear it then its on YouTube. Anyway about 24mins in my mate was checking out a barn & he heard someone whistle at him. It can be clearly heard on the video. It happened a few times during the mission.

My questions are: if I didnt put the sounds there, how did they get there? Do the ai whistle? Has anyone else experienced this?

I really would like some feedback on this guys.

There are other sounds throughout the mission also that I never put in.

My mate was alone in the house as he always is when we play so he can record in peace.

Cheers for any feedback folks

andy

before asking about sounds, turn speed of sound mod off first ;) At least, tell that to y our friend.

We do use that mod. How did you know we use it? I thought the mod only alters the existing battle sounds, nothing else mate.

cheers

We do use that mod. How did you know we use it? I thought the mod only alters the existing battle sounds, nothing else mate.

cheers

haha, because i was in same situation, playing with SoS, i was like: i'm going crazy, or are thus whistlers? Also don't suprise yourself hearing a trainhorn, when you want to use car horn ;) You can delete whislers and carhorns if you don't like. Or use j.s.r.s if you want hifidelity quality. Imo. Speed of sound - realism, j.s.r.s. - cinematic experience.

Lol thanks mate. My mate is scared at the mo as everyone has seen a small child sitting on his stairs & when I hearx the whistle I couldn't resist telling him its his gost trying to play, lol. Hes well paranoid now lol. So wat sound mod is better do you think then?

cheers

Lol thanks mate. My mate is scared at the mo as everyone has seen a small child sitting on his stairs & when I hearx the whistle I couldn't resist telling him its his gost trying to play, lol. Hes well paranoid now lol. So wat sound mod is better do you think then?

cheers

Tell it has nothing to do with the mod and actually it sounds as if his house is haunted. Proper chuckle!

The only way to stop the poltergeist sounds is to make a Ghostbusters Addon and deploy them to any problem areas in your missions.

Lol, I have & I might keep it going for a couple more missions yet before we change mods lol.

Funny as I've used this mod since inception yet only heard the whistle last night for the first time. It happened to come during first mission of Adapt at exactly the point before first first contact so I was sure it was mission born. Gotta hand it to BigPickle, he dances to his own fiddle and I love the fact that quirky features like this are spaced out so as to not notice it until a month later - more is not always better.

This was so funny watching his recording of this mission. I was clearing a gully & so was not near him. He was being quiet & approaching a barn. It was quiet all around him. He got to the barn & decided to rest by the wall. Then he heard this whistle. He said out allowed "what the .... was that?", he got on the radio to tell me people are whistling at him. Lol. Then the enemy made contact with him. Hearing the whistle threw him & he died lol. Think its a shame im not clever enough to make something like that for my missions lol.he was totally in the zone after that lol.

Do you have a link to the YouTube video?

Nevermind. I have found it by searching for your mission name.

Edited by Nicholas