Sign in to follow this  
KeyCat

Stance to analog axis?

Anyone figured out a way to bind a joystick axis to changing stances? Looks like it's not possible in stock game but maybe someone smarter than me found a workaround using GlovPie/PPJoy or similar?

@Devs: Would be nice to have more options for stances. Read many wanting to use the mouse wheel as well. For me a analog axis would be great and would allow to change the stance more fluid and while moving.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Couldn't agree more. It would be nice to be able to govern the amount of leaning around corners with a bit more subtlety too.

been discussed the death already. i would love to have a stance adjust that was not tied to forward and back (it's just dumb like this.. FIX IT), but it seems some people here think it would be too radical to have intuitive control of your stance.. cause when ever i need to pick something up from the ground, i have to 1- stop where i am, 2- lower my stance so i can reach the floor, 3- then proceed to move to the object i want to pick up.. cause you know, REALITY...

remove "stance up" from "move forward" and "stance down" from "move back". add "stance up" and "stance down" as their own actions!

i realize that the transitions between stances isn't smooth, but I DON'T REALLY CARE! having to STOP.. change stance, then move, is retarded! games from over 10 years ago don't have this handicap, a 2013-14 game has no excuse.

we can reload on the move (how many engine generations did that take.. ), so why not also change stance? because it's tied to the move forward and move back action.. therefor you can't move forward or back while changing stance.. such a bad implementation.

you know whats hilarious? if you bind "move forward" and "move back" to "scroll up" and "scroll down" you have your self full control of your stance, but now you can't move.. lol

if there is one feature that i was looking forward to when watching the videos from E3, it was the advanced stances... shame it was implemented so poorly as to make it completely useless in the middle of a fire fight, where it would be most useful.

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

i had a dream...

press and hold "lean left"(or right) key, use scroll wheel to control how far you lean, middle mouse locks angle, scrolling again unlocks, and release of lean key cancels lean.

sort of like- press&hold "adjust" key, use scroll wheel to dynamically adjust stance hight.

or kind of like- press&hold "menu" key, use either scroll wheel to cycle through a list of available commands. or alternately have a radial menu open and used a simple cursor (or mouse gestures if you want to be fancy) to select an action from the various contextual tabs located around the radial menu.

is it just me? (sitting here, day dreaming of what could be, and realizing that it will never happen) god forbid this game ever gets intuitive controls in, what would EA and Infinity Ward do if that were ever to happen..

I use a js, saitek. Got simple up/down key presses at both ends of the twisty.

Got macros on the X-axis: Left stance/left lean ~ on release normal stance ~ Right stance/right lean.

Can do anything with well thought out macros.

Also got R/L lean on rudder pedals --full range lean, very precise.

You could probably do this by binding autohotkey to joystick (or whatever) input... I think that's possible. I'm not an autohotkey pro, so don't ask me to do it. :)

AutoHotkey was on my mind earlier and may do the trick, just wished we had separate keys for stance up/down. Will try to whip up a AH script and see how it goes.

I have tried your addon Igitur. It's nice but don't solve my broblem.

/KC