Sign in to follow this  
lordhughes

Allowing mods on the server

I am currently setting up a server but want to allow certain mods (JSRS, Blastcore, SThud) but I do not want the mods to be mandatory.

In my .cfg I have

verifySignatures = 2

and the old equalModRequired commented out (as according to the wiki this is outdated).

For each of the mods I have put the .bikey file in the root Keys directory on the server.

When joining the server with the mods enabled I get kicked, No message about unsigned content it just kicks me once I have spawned. Joining without any mods and It works fine.

Can anyone shed some light on a possible issue here? or something I have overlooked in the config?

Cheers.

Edited by lordhughes

I had CBA-A3 enabled client side, and it was on the server with the bikey in the Keys folder. So I tried your suggesstion and ran CBA-A3 on the server (added it to -mod) and it still kicked me when I tried to join.

remove all addons from client mod folder apart from CBA and try.

Also add cba to the server (if you want a green icon in the game browser, add them direct to the root addon folder)

Once you have confirmed CBA is accepted on the server start adding additional addons 1 at a time to find out which one is causing the issue

Then read the docs for that addon

You may also need to run @CBA on the server

cba/sthud seem to be working fine. Blastcore is giving me a signing error even though the files are on the server (and in my Keys folder, not sure if they need to be there too but they are :P). With JSRS enabled its just saying kicked from server.

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

fixed blastcore, the .bisign key was no in the addons folder (duh!) now jsrs is giving a headache still, updated my client side copy and put the new bikey on the server but still getting kicked.

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Thanks for the help guys, I was apparently doing things correctly I had a dodgy download of JSRS, redownloading it from the JSRS site and its working now. Thank you for the replies.

Yep it's public, search for two bears (20 slots), we are running invade and annex, insurgency and sometimes alive missions.

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

[/color]fixed blastcore, the .bisign key was no in the addons folder (duh!) now jsrs is giving a headache still, updated my client side copy and put the new bikey on the server but still getting kicked.

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

We have JSRS, cba, TMR weapons mod, shactac hud working but Blastcore is being a pain...Going to try what you did above to see if that works.