Sign in to follow this  
freakjoe

RVMats not functioning properly after binarising

Hey there.

The title basically describes my current issue perfectly. When I pack a model without binarising, everything works as intended and the RVmats look the way they're supposed to. Now, as soon as I try to binarise the model when packing, the RVmats stop functioning properly. The glass for example just turns black instead of being well, transparent and glassy. As it's probably easier to describe the issue through images I will post the links to four images showing the difference below.

Without binarising :

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p610/FelixSmith111/before1_zps4941a7ce.png

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p610/FelixSmith111/before2_zps8a42b851.png

and with binarszing :

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p610/FelixSmith111/after1_zps65f509a6.png

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p610/FelixSmith111/after2_zps7e63a823.png

Thanks in advance for any advice I may receive,

FreakJoe

What does Binarise LOG say ?

Can be a few things but the LOG will usually report error specific and thereafter Arma .rpt

The log doesn't give much information at all.

Cannot load material file wclp\wclp_vehicles\fj_crown_vic\rvmats\chromeblack.rvmat.
Cannot load material file wclp\wclp_vehicles\fj_crown_vic\rvmats\chromeblack.rvmat
Cannot load material file wclp\wclp_vehicles\fj_crown_vic\rvmats\skin.rvmat.
Cannot load material file wclp\wclp_vehicles\fj_crown_vic\rvmats\skin.rvmat
Cannot load material file wclp\wclp_vehicles\fj_crown_vic\rvmats\windows.rvmat.
Cannot load material file wclp\wclp_vehicles\fj_crown_vic\rvmats\windows.rvmat

Looks to me like its answering your problem ,

either the file path is worng or the name is wrong ?

read it exactly and iff all that is correct then something is wrong with the actual pathy your selecting during binarise.

when you are binarising are you selecting in options > pathto project folder\ are you ticking folder source or untick and put \wclp\

try the \wclp\ however i think this may cause even more problems because of your namespace vs paths in cppp also but please try it

Edited by Sealife

The paths are fine. It does work when not binarised.

Your other suggestion didn't work either.

Thanks for the advice anyway :)

hmm what binlog say if you

point the addon source directory to

wclp\wclp_vehicles\

and untick the box in path to project and paste p:\wclp\

Im not positive, just guessing the first thing I think of. Could your path's be to long in means of Text used an get canceled out when getting Bin'ed? Shorten the path to something short an sweet.

hmm what binlog say if you

point the addon source directory to

wclp\wclp_vehicles\

and untick the box in path to project and paste p:\wclp\

Thanks again for your response but my goal is not to pack the entire wclp\wclp_vehicles directory so I don't see your suggestion leading anywhere, even if it DOES work.

Im not positive, just guessing the first thing I think of. Could your path's be to long in means of Text used an get canceled out when getting Bin'ed? Shorten the path to something short an sweet.

If everything else fails, I'll try this (as I'd have to adjust all the paths within the model).

Thanks again for your response but my goal is not to pack the entire wclp\wclp_vehicles directory so I don't see your suggestion leading anywhere, even if it DOES work.

well if the string length isnt the fix i suggest you try to be clear as i think its the way you are using the namespace and the packer that is casuing problems during binarisation.

so if your opening bInpbo and pointing the point the addon source directory to a folder well within the wclp root , then you will need a different path to project

well if the string length isnt the fix i suggest you try to be clear as i think its the way you are using the namespace and the packer that is casuing problems during binarisation.

so if your opening bInpbo and pointing the point the addon source directory to a folder well within the wclp root , then you will need a different path to project

Hmm, I think I may indeed be misunderstanding something. The addon source directory is "p:\wclp\wclp_vehicles\fj_f150", now, shouldn't the project path be the same? I currently just have the "Use source path" option ticked and always assumed that was the correct way. By the way the addon prefix I'm currently using is "wclp\wclp_vehicles\fj_f150".

Again, thanks a lot for taking the time to help me with this.

You should use mikeros pboproject. It's so much better and will not allow you to create a pbo if anything is wrong/missing.

Hmm. I just tried using pboproject and it did indeed give me an error when trying to pack. Problem is I that it doesn't give you ANY idea of what you need to fix.

Edited by FreakJoe

Do you have *.rvmat; added to your ADDON-BUILDER -> OPTIONS -> List of Files.... ?

Personally I've never (OFP/ArmA1-2-3) used the NAMED SPACE thingy .....

All my work sits in the ROOT of P drive.

e.g. If I want a PBO called GNT_C185, then thats the folder-name in the root of P drive.

Gnat;2590428']Do you have *.rvmat; added to your ADDON-BUILDER -> OPTIONS -> List of Files.... ?

Yes, I do.

We've decided to just stop using the namespace method and it appears that that was the cause of our problems. (It's pretty weird, after all BI is using the namespace method seemingly without problems)

Thanks for all the help I've received. I guess this thread can be locked.

We've decided to just stop using the namespace method and it appears that that was the cause of our problems.

LOL finally some evidence, rarely do I get to say to others "I told you so" lol :D (not you Joe)

(It's pretty weird, after all BI is using the namespace method seemingly without problems)

I don't necessarily see conclusive proof that thats how BI do it.

And lets face it, their tools are different from the ones we get and they no doubt have a large development network in their office(s), so our own isolated PC "development" is never going to mimic how BI code.

I'll further support my claim by noting that I've NEVER had to do that confounded mass CONFIG file shuffle that everyone else seems to have to do.

Thats where the problem started when you decided not to pack vehicles as a folder within namespace, it woulod work if you packed Vehicles as the folder , the tradiaional way if you want to have development folders but dont want all that is within to be binarised , is to use a folder called source within the folder , binarise will ignore what is in this folder .

so as long as the folders outside source folder are properly configged , BinPbo will binarise correctly .

Proof that BI used the namespace can be seen within paths within the pbo for example

Structures_f.pbo is actually binarised whilst within A3\structures_f and within that we have

\A3\Structures_F\Households\House_Small02\

as you can see Hose_small is a folder not a p3d however Neither Hoseholds or House_small are a.pbo only Structures_f .

Thus A3 is then namespace used for Development of A3 and Ca for previous games

I am not sure Namespace has any advantage over root to be honest , maybe one day Bis will enlighten us.

Edited by Sealife

I am not sure Namespace has any advantage over root to be honest , maybe one day Bis will enlighten us.

I mainly wanted to use it to make sure my P: drive doesn't get too cluttered, so I guess not being able to use it isn't that big of a loss.