Sign in to follow this  
joejoe87577

Helipad Light Script

Just like the other Airport lights. And thats what they should do :D. I'm working on the update with only one Problem left so far. I'll try to fix it, test it and then post it.

Am I using an old version, or do the H's always line up with North? Using the direction of the invisible H pad would be helpful.

Yep, that's an old version. The current one 0.31 uses the direction of the helipad. I'm still working on the update but I'm quite busy at the moment, so it will take another day or two.

Unsure if this issue is known but when playing with the ALiVE Mod the heli pad starts fine at mission start but over time begins to duplicate into pretty flower shapes Mission maker thinks its ALiVE doing it but just wanted to post here so you know.

Happy new Year everyone, i've updated the first post and released Version 0.4.

With this update only the Server should create the lights and not all Clients. I've also reworked the positioning of the lights and changed the classnames of the IR Strobes. And i have tested it on a dedicated Server by myself, so right now i couldn't find any Problems or bugs in my test Mission.

But there is at least one issue remaining, if two helipads are to Close to each other, the positions of the lights are messed up. Just place the helipads at least 2m or 3m away from each other.

Thanks to all of you for testing and using the script.

@PenguinInATuxedo:

I will take a look at this and try to reproduce and fix it. Do you know if the mod only deletes visible AI or all kinds of objects? I think that the helipads also get deleted by the mod and then recreated with the same init if a Player is in closer range to it, causing multiple lights to spawn...

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@PenguinInATuxedo:

I will take a look at this and try to reproduce and fix it. Do you know if the mod only deletes visible AI or all kinds of objects? I think that the helipads also get deleted by the mod and then recreated with the same init if a Player is in closer range to it, causing multiple lights to spawn...

That sounds like it could be the problem since the lights are technically vehicles right? unsure how it can be fixed though might have to make a post about it in the ALiVE thread.

What you could do is use the script in your init.sqf, so that all helipads get These lights. The init lines of the helipads would stay empty and the lights should not be recreated. But thats just a guess.

@PenguinInATuxedo

You could try syncing the Helipad with the lights to the profiler and use the option for the profiler to ignore all synced objects. Conversely, if there are too many objects to sync and only a few things to profile you could of course do the opposite and sync only the relevant items to the ALiVE profiler and choose only profile synced objects.

I honestly don't know if that will help. But the profiler system scans the area for suitable placements and anything in the area is removed and then placed again after the area has been evaluated.

Joejoe, is there any way to get the IR ones to not blink?

I've already tried this, but i couldn't find something to make IR Strobes not blink. I could just create 10 IR Strobes foreach Position, but that would have a heavy Impact on the performance, that would be more than 400 Strobes per Helipad.

Awesome script.

Anyway to add only 8 green landing lights on the border of each type of helipad?