Sign in to follow this  
fusion13

Dialogs.

Hey all! How can I make a dialog like the shops in takistan life? Also how can I use a case system like

case 1
{
    if (cash >= 400) then
    {
         GearAdd (vehicle player);
         GearAdd addWeapon 'arifle_MX_pointer_F';
         cash = cash - 400;
         hint format ["You just bought a MX (reg) for 400, you now have %1 cash left!", cash];
    };
};

Please help :P

Thanks,

Fusion :dancehead:

There is so many ways you could do this. It'd be up to personal preference.

I'd use an list box or a combo drop down menu. 1. Learn how to create a list box or combo menu. 2. Go to the scripting commands and have a look see at all of the LB commands. These commands are used to work with the list boxes and combo menus. ie; add text and pictures to lisboxes and/or combo entries.

You could add weapons and pictures to a listbox with some additional text beside the entry (ie; 400$). Then use UI Eventhandlers to call functions or exec scripts. ie; You double click on an entry or click a button and it runs a function to check if you've enough money (set by variables). If so, give the player the item. Else, maybe display a message teling the player he needs more money.

Don't really know how to explain it exactly, without doing it myself. If I get around to it I may provide an example here.

Low tier Example Mission

Iceman77, I'm getting into dialogs based on your helpful tutorial. But I would like to modify you GUI script in the Example Mission above, with the GUI EDITOR, instead of tediously modifing it through the resource scripts.

At the GUI EDITOR, once I press CTRL + I, what do I place in the field under Config path instead of the default "configfile" to edit your GUI?

Low tier Example Mission

How would I modify the example above to have separate money scripts for opposing player sides?

Do I need distnct variables and functions for each side like BLUmoney and OPPmoney and FUS_fnc_BLUaddmoney and FUS_fnc_OPPaddmoney for example?

Edited by BEAKSBY

Hi, I also have some questions on your example mission. @Iceman77

Is there a reason why you actually created cpp-files for those dialogs? Is this the only way it can be done or is it just more efficient for the engine to run these kind of files? Or can this also be accomplished within normal sqf-scripts?

I wonder because when I see those cpp-files I also remember some threads about Addons and not being able to put Addons on Steam Workshop yet.

I'm pretty sure I mixed up some information but please explain the subject. That will help a lot in my MakeArmA singleplayer mission ;D

Only possible way, But he did not "create" them he made the dialog in the dialog editor, and saved it which copied it to the clipboard and so then he copied it and so forth.

Only possible way, But he did not "create" them he made the dialog in the dialog editor, and saved it which copied it to the clipboard and so then he copied it and so forth.

Thank you, I'll get into the GUI editor then.