Sign in to follow this  
GDent

Does anyone use ASR_AI3 for Arma 3? How do you set it up?

I posted a message in the thread for ASR_AI, but it seems pretty dead. Hopefully this is the right board.

I've been having trouble with the AI on my dedicated server since Arma 3 came out. I found ASR_AI on Robalo's website, so I downloaded it and tried it. It helps, but I still can't change the aiming accuracy of the AI. I just tried using the PwS repository to get the development version of the mod (Now ASR_AI3, changed from ASR_A3 and ASR_AI together), but it seems to have reverted the AI back to vanilla. The server loads with the mod just fine, but it doesn't seem to apply to the server.

I even tried changing the Aiming parameter to 0.00 to see if it does anything, but they just seem to have gone back to Vanilla levels of deadly accuracy. I'll post a snippet of the configuration:

class level_1 { // sf 1
			aiming[]   = {0.00, 0.00}; // skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};
			spotting[] = {0.30, 0.00};
			general[]  = {0.80, 0.20};
			units[] = { "OPF_F","BLU_F","IND_G_F","IND_F"
			};
		};

Does this look right?

I'm currently only running ASR_AI3. Does anything else need to be running? It used to be ASR_AI and ASR_A3 together, but the PwS repository came with ASR_AI3 and ASR_Appendix, which seems to handle something different. I backed up the old version just in case.

Thank you.

I use it! But i belive this line is wrong.

units[] = { "OPF_F","BLU_F","IND_G_F","IND_F"

You shouldn't put nothing there....

At my squad we are going to do some testing to the AI,... with this last update (1.08), it has become too "accurate". ;)

How do I adjust the settings for individual factions? I tried setting their coefficients to 0 too, but it didn't do anything.

Of you wanna change de skills by faction you have to do it unit by unit! Something like this:

units[] = {

"ibr_arl_officer","ibr_arl_sniper","ibr_arl_sab","ibr_arl_roberto","ibr_arl_marksman"

};

};

So i leave it whithout anything so they have their default (or inherited) skill set.

Maybe because you put that line of code you don't get any change, because (i think) it's wrong.

how would you do it? your example makes mine look right, so I'm really confused now

Like this:

class level_1 { // sf 1
			aiming[]   = {0.30, 0.20}; // skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};
			spotting[] = {0.30, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.80, 0.20};
			units[] = {
			};
		};

in every class level.

I see. So what is the units[] part for?

I'll try editing every class level, but it would be nicer to just be able to change one of them to affect all the unit types/factions

I see, so not entire factions? I get it then. I'll try setting all the options the same way to see if it has any effect then. Thank you!

Edit: Do you know what the coefficient option does? if I bring it down to 0 it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Edited by GDent

How you set ASR_Ai3 up on the server ?

I upload the @ASR_Ai3, upload a asr_ai3 folder and put the standard .hpp data in it.

But when i activate the Mod ther server wont start any more!

Pls help me because the ai is since the upadte like in the alpha, only skynet robots.

How you set ASR_Ai3 up on the server ?

I upload the @ASR_Ai3, upload a asr_ai3 folder and put the standard .hpp data in it.

But when i activate the Mod ther server wont start any more!

Pls help me because the ai is since the upadte like in the alpha, only skynet robots.

hpp in a folder inside the userconfig folder ...

I see, so not entire factions? I get it then. I'll try setting all the options the same way to see if it has any effect then. Thank you!

Edit: Do you know what the coefficient option does? if I bring it down to 0 it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I Belive (not shure) the coefficient option controls the level of intelegence!

I use mod called: mb_skillset_v1_5471, it works OK on my dedicated server.

Yes the .hpp is inside the asr_ai3 folder in the userconfig. So i have no clue what i`m doing wrong.

PawelKPL where can i find this mod or data ?

Thx Speedy G.

Links to download and test please!! ;)

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Yes the .hpp is inside the asr_ai3 folder in the userconfig. So i have no clue what i`m doing wrong.

PawelKPL where can i find this mod or data ?

Thx Speedy G.

No you have to put the /userconfig on arma 3 root directory, something like ... steam/steamapps/arma 3/userconfig/asr_ai....hpp

I tried changing the aiming accuracy for every level and it works perfectly. Is there any way to just put every AI on the same level so I only have to change one? that would be ideal.

Thank you so much for your help.