alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

What you asked was whether or not you could just link to your existing A2 files to enable maps and assets from A2 etc. Yes, that's what AiA does it's a bunch of clever scripts and configs that allow you to import and use A2 assets and some missions in A3.

It's simple to use, just go to the AiA thread for any assistance as here is not the right place.

A3MP is the way to get the same functionality (for MAPS!) without owning A2 etc. It's a big download admittedly but to be fair is never updated so once you have it, you got it.. And it's a little easier to use than AiA imo. Just @ run it and 95% of A2 maps will then be availabe for you to use in A3. Note however than A3MP does not allow A2 assets like vehicles or weapons to be ported, that does require Aia.

Hope that helps

SJ

p.s. Worth noting that if you're not too confident with setting mods up PlayWithSix should be your first port of call, very easy to use (ish!) and totally simple to maintain all your mods with very efficient delta patching once something changes. I recommend it.

Edited by serjames

A3MP is the way to get the same functionality (for MAPS!) without owning A2 etc. It's a big download admittedly but to be fair is never updates so once you have it, you got it.. And it's a little easier to use than AiA imo. Just @ run it and 95% of A2 maps will then be availabe for you to use in A3. Note however than A3MP does not allow A2 assets like vehicles or weapons to be ported, that does require Aia.

Plus, but that's just my opinion, the a3mp-maps have a better look. :D

Thanks Alduric, excellent work.

Chernarus is back for me, here to stay.

Bye bye Altis.

• Like 1