Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Assist with building a guide how to port A2/OA content to A3

There is already various bits of information and very specific guides available, as well as still various unknowns.

The intention of this thread is to gather these and provide a basic overview what can and what needs to be done,

and forward to other threads or pages with the in-depth information.

This should be more structured around the different type of content and the specific features.

Please contribute with links and insights you have. :bounce3:

Arma_3_Porting_Guidelines_Overview (BIKI)

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]
  • Like 1

Did i missed something or was there (newer) infos from BIS about the Arma 2 CO content permission to port over to A3?

a) you may not forget non BI A2/OA content

b) the new o2 and binarize are available now which opens up new possibilities

Ok then I'm still up to date :)

I just immidiatly thought the offical A2 CO Content was released to port over...

kju, do you plan to work with the community to do a direct port of the assets with them working with all the new stuff? Then allowing mods to use these ported assets? It would be a ton better than a million random ports of varying quality. I also may have found some information for you to add on the helicopterX and airplaneX simulations here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168988-AirplaneX-Sinking-into-ground&p=2565139&viewfull=1#post2565139

;2565256']Thanks a lot for your info! Added.

Please keep the first off topic stuff out of this thread. This is the thread you are looking for:

forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163435-A-solution-to-the-A2-BI-content-in-A3-and-your-thoughts

That's asking BI to release the files or port them to Arma 3. What I am referring to is a community effort to port all assets from Arma 2 and keep them being realistic.

Just a little note: I am adding new links every other day when I find something.

Suggestions are most welcome of course. :bounce3:

I've moved the summary to the BIKI (link in the first post), so that anyone can easily add his own links and information. :)

If anybody has a model.cfg (for Mi17 located in Arma 2 Sample Models\Data\Air\CA\Air_E) that will pbo and is willing to share please let me know, because the one that comes with fails to pbo.

On 26/06/2017 at 4:58 PM, bhcluster said:

If anybody has a model.cfg (for Mi17 located in Arma 2 Sample Models\Data\Air\CA\Air_E) that will pbo and is willing to share please let me know, because the one that comes with fails to pbo.

Maybe contact the CUP team?