Sign in to follow this  
vulcan

Hosting problems

heya,

I try to host a MP game using the server in ofp R. I give the right IP and port number and use sockets always. But......

Noone can ever c my game on the join list so obviously i cant host.

I dont think i have a firewall. does it come with ME or any virus protectors?

someone can prolly help but noone has yet.

laters

vulcan

It could be that your IP is wrong? Mabye it's not and you know what you're doing, but to find it out go to the start menu, click on run, and type in winipcfg, that'll get your ip.

IP is right.

i dunno do u gotta put ur IP anywere or just click new?

someone told me about a ofp_server.exe file and i tried it and got

9:59:52 Dedicated server created

10wow.gif0wow.gif3 Player connected

so i dunno what to do now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vulcan @ Aug. 25 2002,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I try to host  a MP game using the server in ofp R. I give the right IP and port number and use sockets always. But......

Noone can ever c my game on the join list so obviously i cant host.<span id='postcolor'>

What do you meen by "join-list"? If you are talking about ingame browser, then the reply is easy:

Only dedicated servers (and maybe also servers created via GameSpy arcade) are visible in ingame browser.

(Maybe I did not understand the question.)

One more thing you can always try is to host using DirectPlay.

Im having similar difficulty with join by remote. I cant host a game nor can I find a game using ip addreses. This problem exists for both Resistance and OFP 1.46. Things that I have checked:

We have the correct ip's.

Switched between sockets and directplay.

I do not have a firewall installed.

My virus scanner was shut down with task manager.

Even tried joining with gamespy but it didnt launch, I was ready at the time.

Im not currently behind ICS, nor am I hosting it.

I have been able to connect to ip servers before, but starting a few days ago Im no longer capable of doing so.

Not showing server inside of in-game browser we are experiencing as well with our dedicated server - [G] - Globalnet.

Everything was running without problems from the release of Resistance until some 1 week ago. Now, players are not able to find our servers trough in-game browser. No any configuration change was made on our server or OFP config files.

I added following line to server.cfg:

reportingIP="master.gamespy.com";

which didn't help to show our server to other players.

If you are using ICS then make sure you are using port 2234.

Also what connection do you have? and are you using a router?

RED

Our dedicated server is connected directly to our ISP network, with no firewalls, or ICS, or XP firewall.

It was working without problem for over a year, but problems came before couple of weeks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our dedicated server is connected directly to our ISP network, with no firewalls, or ICS, or XP firewall.<span id='postcolor'>

Note: Mr. Frag's problem was not caused by firewall, but by "firewire" (IEEE 1394) controller that was automatically installed few days ago (this is at least what he wrote in the topic he mentioned).

To clarify what happened, the IEEE 1394 (Firewire) ports had been detected previously and were functional, but Windows XP suddenly decided to install a software bridge between the IEEE 1394 and LAN connection.

When the two connections were bridged, the games running on the OFP server were not visible to players trying to connect to them.

I believe that the problem would occur with any other network type besides IEEE 1394, and that a similar problem may exist with multi-homed (multiple IP addresses assigned to single MAC address) servers.