Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Stopping AI Voices

Heya - can anyone help? I'm trying to stop an AI unit from jabbering on and saying things like 'Area Clear'. I can't use enableradio false because the unit speaks to the player (doing so hides the radio subtitles). Also, I've tried enableradio false and it doesn't stop him from speaking... any suggestions?

Start Up ArmA 3 then Configure > Audio Options > Radio (set this all the way to the left).. And you're done, no radio sounds anymore.

I can tell you what doesnt work:

player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true]; doesnt work

player disableConversation true; doesnt work

enableRadio false; only removes the radio chatter and subtitles

enableSentences false; will stop everyone from talking to include the radio chatter and subtitles

If you find the answer please post it.

Thanks for responses everyone. Can't believe there's no easy solution. Didn't really want to resort to a mod. I was thinking about adding a group member as a group leader and then hiding him away somewhere on the map. Would that work? Would radio messages filter only through the group leader, I wonder?

Is there a defect on this?

This is really annoying. I am currently doing a mission where your partner is fully voice scripted (by me). It is really weird to hear him talk with a second voice to say "area clear" or call ennemy when you want him to just shutup. As simple script command as:

Soldier1 AITalk false

This would be AMAZING.

This is the most annoyng thing ever for the mission scripter.