Sign in to follow this  
harbinger

1.07 beta

I just aborted a third strategy game because the enemy carrier stopped all activity apparently. It took around 8 or 9 islands and then...nothing. While playing I encountered two instances where my carrier ran out of fuel just short of warping to an island. The supply barque came to within 7 minutes of the island and then stopped (this is happening on close to 1 out of every 2 islands). So I had to sit there and wait until the ship finished time-warping to the island so I could then point it towards the barque which of course takes forever now that it's normal time scale.

These are very frustrating bugs. I hope they're being addressed soon.

@scrapser: Not sure I understood the issue correctly. You know the is a "cancel" button at the top left? You can cancel timewarp, stop and redirect the carrier any time. Also I suggest you use the "deadly island" mod. It has manual time warp ("k" key) and a little workaround for the barque issue.

I wouldn't mind if BI fixes the bug, but to save you more frustration.

What I was describing was a situation when I warp to an island and use up so much fuel getting there that I cannot move at regular speed (with fuel) out to the barque, which has stopped just short of delivering its cargo. The only way to get out of this situation quickly is to time warp towards another island that will make the carrier pass close to the barque. Depending on where both vehicles are situated at the start, it can take a while. If there are no islands in the direction of the barque I must move at normal time which takes forever.

Just timewarp in any direction. Once you are clear of the shallow water of the island, the barque will resume its course to you. As quiet_man says, deadly islands mod will avoid this for you.

Thanks. Do you need the deadly islands mod to warp in any direction? I thought you could only choose other islands as waypoints.

Yes, it lets you enter timewarp at any time, whether you are moving or not, but this won't be needed for the stuck barque problem, it has a separate fix for that.