Sign in to follow this  
sektor

About night mission on Stratis

You are send as a spec op in the night on a sabotage mission and you don't have NVG-s? Does not compute.

Well, instead of this fake spec op mission (where you can put NVG from dead enemies), lets say they made a scenario where you are paratrooper, or better yet, flying at night with your group, going back from the front line or something, and the heli gets shot. Boom! Tail rotor is down, losing altitude, heli crashes!

Cutscene.

You regain consciousness near the burning heli, and see that you are only survivor. The area will son be full of enemy. You call the base for extraction, they say go to these coordinates, we are sending you a chopper, or a boat. So you head across the island, evading enemy patrols, in the dark, villages glow in the distance, choppers fly around with lights on, zomb- i mean enemy is looking for you and so on.

I don't know, for me it makes more sense.

I would if i worked for BIS, first thing in the morning.

You can do it with the tools you have, and I would play it for sure. Sounds like fun.

if you listen.... your team mate gives you a backpack that has a prezzie inside

What is this 'listening' you talk of? It's far easier to not listen and then complain....

I've found this mission not as good as OFP or Arma 1/2s missions at night because ideally you want a silencer on a night mission and NVGs. The best I think is the one where you have to attack a base and blow up some tanks at night. With the current night mission it requires a lot of bullets to drop the enemy as well which is quite unrealistic.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

if you listen.... your team mate gives you a backpack that has a prezzie inside

3 explosive charges but no NVGs.

Within Reach (Adapt) or Crossing paths (Survive)

For Within Reach (which is what I think you're talking about.)

They're not kidding when they say hit and run, don't worry about finishing off every rifleman in a location. Just blow the sh*t out of whatever you need to blow the sh*t out of and go. Don't try and take on all the harder targets, e.g. LZ connor and the AA position, it's easy to become static attacking those and then you will really struggle as it turns into a proper fight. In addition choose the order you are going to strike your targets, e.g. don't try and attack uphill unless you need to, it's probably not a good idea to give away the game by attacking a small worthless target first, work top down in terms of size of target.

For a more detailed walkthrough look in this spoiler.

I think the second time I completed this mission was the better option so here is what I did. I chose to insert on the eastern point, I chose to hit LZ connor first, feeling that it would a difficult target and it also gave me a good position to attack the roadblock to the south, walking very slowly (I took to much stuff, Mk18, sidearm, PCML and a carryall backpack full of ammo.) I sneaked right up to the walls before opening up. When it seemed mostly clear I sprinted to the chopper, placed a charge and ran away to detonate it. I then attacked the roadblock using my PCML and Mk18, I only moved around 50m down from the LZ by now. I then ran down there to finish anyone off. That roadblock was where I lost my third and final team mate. (One died attacking Connor, another when shooting at the roadblock and the third guy when an unexpected patrol popped up as I checked the roadblock out. I decided to "borrow" a strider and drive like hell down to the small camp and killed everyone there (Possibly hitting one or two with my Strider. :D) By now I only had two options, the ammo dump or the AA position to the south. I decided on the ammo dump as it was closer, I had no AT and only a single explosive charge left and sod all ammo for my EBR, it also seemed that it would I therefore did the usual, hide on a hill and pick guys off. I ran down the hill and blew up a boat and stole a Titan launcher to hit the main building itself. Then I was that I would be picked up from the next bay to the north and I ran away back to the boat. From there it was back to Altis for tea and medals.