Sign in to follow this  
martinezfg11

Skeldar V-200 WIP

OK, so here it is, this is my first attempt at actually creating a model for Arma3.

I started this model as a practice as I transitioned from 3ds Max to Blender. I've decided to complete this for the end goal of having it in Arma.

I've finished the rough high poly model for this, next is polishing the model then working on the low poly, unwrap, and bake.

So attached are some pictures, I would like to know what the community thinks and if you guys would be interested of having this ingame.

Any critiques are welcome, I will try to provide updates on a regular basis.

Thanks.

GOqBvy2.jpg

8wgBwJq.jpg

1iYI9TN.jpg

Holy crap dude, that looks awesome.

Really need a UAV that can hold on station for overwatch and target designation better than the quadrocopter that likes to run out of fuel or fall out of the sky randomly, or the greyhawk that either contstantly tries to turn into it's own wing or zooms past in straight passes too fast to see anything.

Looks amazing nice work . Like flintlocke said a UAV that can stay on station longer for overwatch and a steadier platform for lazing would be perfect and maybe later after the Observation type is released, one with a rocket pod or a HMG would allow for a more interesting CAS. Its a great idea, I look forward to seeing the progression of it and I guarantee the community is to.

Just asking: How big is this going to be?

Because if it's some kind of big, the rotor blades are a bit to small.

But otherwise, nice model.

It's a bit hard to see the width of those rotor blades from this angle but if it's purely an observation platform as the real Skeldar V-200 is then they should be fine.

I'll consider an armed version, not sure if the skeldar would support armaments in real life though since its only about 4 and a half feet tall with an 88 pound payload. i may consider making a MQ8 firescout with armaments depending on my success with this mod

hey sent you a PM.

Anyway, many pictures on the internet are of the "v150" and early models/prototypes, the v200 is slightly bigger and got some added "details"

here is pictures of real ones..

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/imgs/saab-skeldar-uav.jpg Notice the side lights and the little antenna in the front (not sure if thats standard or not, but seems to be on the pictures on the one that the spanish navy uses)

http://csp.picsearch.com/img/l/Z/u/d/image_lZudxmAHyuJa6flDnPrzcQ/2.jpg On this one notice the "exhaust" pipe

Yea the yellow antenna in that pic looks like a pitot-static tube. I'll add that and the exhaust you show in the second pic. Thanks for the references!