Sign in to follow this  
supergruntsb78

Spawning height of virtual CAS aircraft

(if this has been asked before then please forgive me but i couldn't find it)

i am trying to build a mission where the player gets support from a (virtual) carrier, i set up the virtual Cas system and request the F-18 to do a bombing run, the plane spawns but crashes, it just doesn't have the power / height to get flying.

anybody knows a way to spawn these birds, high up in the air ? / with enough velocity ? , the normal Cas strike works very wel so i can always setup a flying jet on a location and have him refuel / repair / rearm constant (dont know how yet but i will find out)

tnx in advance for helping out

when you spawn a object you can decide if you want it to spawn as in Formation, Cargo , Flying and one more but i dont remember...

so if you set the F-18 (mod) as Flying that means it will spawn up in the air and with power to make it able to fly.

with the virtual CAS support module you can not set flying etc for the plane it spawns the plane flying and after spawn it crashes like a dead fly trying to fly :P so it needs a boost to sart its engines but how ?

Try this putting in the aircrafts init:

this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,X]

Where X is the height in meters.

Check out the BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle function in the function viewer, it sets the velocity and altitude of aircraft and helicopters so they don't crash instantly. Unfortunately the F/A-18 is of class aircraft, not aircraftx for which the spawnVehicle script checks.

Alternatively place an invisible helopad at a nice height (3000 meter :) and spawn the F/A-18 there. The plane will enter a dive but should be able to gather enough speed to make it...