Sign in to follow this  
xendance

AI squad leader rotating on "wait" waypoint

I'm having this problem since the new patch. For some reason the squad leaders slowly rotates when the group is waiting at a waypoint, making the whole group change its direction like dumbasses. Happens with loiter and move waypoint types. Hold seems to work fine. Can anyone else confirm this?

Edit: It happens for example when the next waypoint is triggered. Before it is triggered this kind of behaviour happens.

Edited by Xendance

Maybe try these. Idk if it will help your problem.

Leader Somegroup DoWatch MarkerPos "Mrk_Name"

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

Or..

_pos = (Leader Alpha) ModelToWorld [0,50,0]; //get a position 50m infront of the leader
Leader Alpha DoWatch _pos;

Maybe try these. Idk if it will help your problem.

Leader Somegroup DoWatch MarkerPos "Mrk_Name"

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

Or..

_pos = (Leader Alpha) ModelToWorld [0,50,0]; //get a position 50m infront of the leader
Leader Alpha DoWatch _pos;

The leader just glances at the target of the doWatch and then goes back to rotating the form direction. And besides, form direction isn't dictated by where the leader watches, is it?

Here's a simple sample mission (it was made with the dev branch) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19527343/FormDirTest.Altis.zip

It has two groups, one that just goes to a waypoint, while the other group goes to a waypoint and then waits for the activation of another one. The second waypoint is activated by radio.

Edited by Xendance

No, but you could setDir the leader within a loop, but it looks really bad. Sorry it wasn't of use.

I'm pretty convinced that this is a bug. Gotta post it on the feedback tracker.

zmaybe he is scanning horizont ?

^ LOL. The good ol' spin-in-one-place-over-and-over scanning trick. Works everytime..

solution: give him a music trigger with the song "You Spin Me Right 'Round"

serious note: yeah pretty sure this is a bug. Didn't see it before the recent patch.

Could be. I have no idea how to inspect what the leader is doing. But shouldn't he be scanning the horizon without his whole squad moving behind him? They're practically exposing themselves with the movement.

And if he is scanning the horizon, how can I stop it from happening?

Edited by Xendance

Could be. I have no idea how to inspect what the leader is doing. But shouldn't he be scanning the horizon without his whole squad moving behind him? They're practically exposing themselves with the movement.

And if he is scanning the horizon, how can I stop it from happening?

Ah just checked your video. That's actually a little different than what I was suggesting. He does kinda look like he's just scanning. In some of my missions they spin 360degrees non stop. :\

Do they automatically scan the horizon in certain combat modes? I've noticed this aswell without using scan horizon. If you need the group to be in a tight area within a crest or something (hidden), it can really mess up your plans! In example, when the leader rotates it will send some of the group up over the crest & exposed. Quite annoying as I made a mission where It was important to stay within a small recess or valley if you will, to not be exposed, and this made it a pain!