Sign in to follow this  
lkincheloe

COOP 32 - Resistance (FIA vs CSAT)

Is this mission working with the latest DEV Version? We got trouble turning the enm city green. We double checked for any enemies. Nothing but its still red. Any clue?

Is this mission working with the latest DEV Version? We got trouble turning the enm city green. We double checked for any enemies. Nothing but its still red. Any clue?

I have not been able to work with the dev version, hopefully when it gets pushed to stable it won't wreck EOS again.

By chance is it spitting out .rpt files on the dev version? If so could you get that to me? Maybe I can diagnose what's breaking from that.

1. That's my bad, I was playing around with a couple of the settings. I'll change the offending ones back tonight.

2. That's freaky, honestly I've about had it with the Gin Box. More trouble than it's worth keeping the Easter Egg in.

Here's a hotfix version for the issues that popped up in a7.1 - it's a7.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ghokpnxuxgw0p4/co_38_resistance_a7_11.Altis.pbo

• Reverted some changes in the default parameters
  • Further tweaks in an effort to fix the loadout reset bugs
  • Fixed some silly mistakes in the Dealer Mission scripts

Small note on change 2: On my end when I test it works pretty much flawlessly (listen server on own computer), and I'm not able to connect to servers at this time (satellite connection = impossible lag). So I appreciate all the feedback you guys have been giving me, helps having eyes out in the field to catch the stuff I can't see. :)

For future updates.

I propose to remove the tower and add a condition to disable reinforcements in the big city after the capture of small towns around the big city.

If you are around a big city captured three or five small town, in a big city will only core strength and no additional reinforcements for 10-20 minutes. If small towns are not captured, the reinforcements will come to the big city as it was in previous versions.

We had a bitchy bug with this mission yesterday. Version 7.1 and 7.11 caused a huge lag after about 45 minutes gameplay.

Everything went fine, and the mission makes a lot of fun, until the server suddenly stuck and we were not even able to change the mission anymore.

This lag took at least 20-30 minutes.

boggler;2541497']We had a bitchy bug with this mission yesterday. Version 7.1 and 7.11 caused a huge lag after about 45 minutes gameplay.

Everything went fine' date=' and the mission makes a lot of fun, until the server suddenly stuck and we were not even able to change the mission anymore.

This lag took at least 20-30 minutes.[/quote']

Most likely one of the players had a high ping. 300ms or more.

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

A new problem. If you pick up someone else's arms, then your old weapon disappears.

boggler;2541497']We had a bitchy bug with this mission yesterday. Version 7.1 and 7.11 caused a huge lag after about 45 minutes gameplay.

Everything went fine' date=' and the mission makes a lot of fun, until the server suddenly stuck and we were not even able to change the mission anymore.

This lag took at least 20-30 minutes.[/quote']

By chance do you have a .rpt file from the server? That'll help in tracking down the cause.

I'll look into it again, probably need to make another adjustment to parameters.

A small problem. One player threw the thing. The server was about twenty players.

snP39xWl.jpg

Updating to a8: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dkqvv2kkkdo8ed1/co_38_resistance_a8.Altis.pbo

• Fixed several scripts that were repeatedly throwing errors in certain circumstances
  • City Tower side objective removed in favor of tower AOs, on capture, moving an ACavoid marker into the nearest city to disable Ambient Combat reinforcements.
  • Further adjustments made to loadout scripts, an issue that needs testing is whether it throws errors on default loadouts which do NOT have scopes by default.

Updating to a8: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dkqvv2kkkdo8ed1/co_38_resistance_a8.Altis.pbo

• Fixed several scripts that were repeatedly throwing errors in certain circumstances
  • City Tower side objective removed in favor of tower AOs, on capture, moving an ACavoid marker into the nearest city to disable Ambient Combat reinforcements.
  • Further adjustments made to loadout scripts, an issue that needs testing is whether it throws errors on default loadouts which do NOT have scopes by default.

Uploaded to the server. Tomorrow will restart with this version.

ACRE handheld transceiver is provided?

If memory serves, ACRE will replace the stock radio with one of their own. Ideally some time down the road I'd like to build in some support for it, but at the moment I'm working to make sure it works in vanilla before expanding out to mods.

I am really enjoying this mission, although I am running into an issue saving/resuming when hosting in a LAN environment. I played with a friend for a couple hours, then closed it with "save & exit". When I went to "resume" mission it hangs on "Sending Data" - I've had to restart the mission over a few times because of this message. I've never had this happen before, are you aware of this? This is one of our favorite missions right now so I'd like to figure out what may be happening. Appreciate the hard work you have been doing so far!

I've been playing pretty extensively on the devbranch version of Arma and using this mission and haven't run into too many problems.

A couple of questions though that I couldn't figure out in your OP post or any posts in this thread:

• 1 - I captured some areas but didn't notice any difference at the main base or any new equipment being added, maybe I'm missing that the loot you're supposed to acquire is around the captured area itself?
  • 2 - It's extremely extremely difficult to capture larger areas. My friends and I spent at least 3 hours clearing out Syrta and trying to find lone AI's who might be blocking our capture of the town, and after having checked literally every house and building we could, we were still unable to capture the area, we were however able to capture nearby areas.
  • 3 - I think it would be wise to explain in the mission, perhaps in the briefing how exactly to capture things, and how to do certain elements of the mission, because as it is it's not very obvious in my opinion.
  • 4 - Being able to respawn on yourself or allies with all of your equipment intact is a bit strange to me. I don't know if this was intended, but it seems to be me that part of the whole point of this mission is to scavenge and gather resources to take on larger objectives, but as it is right now with no real death penalty, it encourages a very carefree playstyle when it comes to engagements. Like I said I don't know if this was intended, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to prevent this, or perhaps increase the respawn time significantly to increase the fear of death.

Edited by Deviat

I am really enjoying this mission, although I am running into an issue saving/resuming when hosting in a LAN environment. I played with a friend for a couple hours, then closed it with "save & exit". When I went to "resume" mission it hangs on "Sending Data" - I've had to restart the mission over a few times because of this message. I've never had this happen before, are you aware of this? This is one of our favorite missions right now so I'd like to figure out what may be happening. Appreciate the hard work you have been doing so far!

I have no idea why it does that, it's supposed to be disabled (enableSaving [false, false];) but for whatever reason it doesn't take hold. I have yet to find the cause of it. What you're probably experiencing is the game being unable to cope with loading a mission not designed with save states in mind, so it breaks. Sorry that it gave the impression of being a feature.

I've been playing pretty extensively on the devbranch version of Arma and using this mission and haven't run into too many problems.

A couple of questions though that I couldn't figure out in your OP post or any posts in this thread:

• 1 - I captured some areas but didn't notice any difference at the main base or any new equipment being added, maybe I'm missing that the loot you're supposed to acquire is around the captured area itself?
  • 2 - It's extremely extremely difficult to capture larger areas. My friends and I spent at least 3 hours clearing out Syrta and trying to find lone AI's who might be blocking our capture of the town, and after having checked literally every house and building we could, we were still unable to capture the area, we were however able to capture nearby areas.
  • 3 - I think it would be wise to explain in the mission, perhaps in the briefing how exactly to capture things, and how to do certain elements of the mission, because as it is it's not very obvious in my opinion.
  • 4 - Being able to respawn on yourself or allies with all of your equipment intact is a bit strange to me. I don't know if this was intended, but it seems to be me that part of the whole point of this mission is to scavenge and gather resources to take on larger objectives, but as it is right now with no real death penalty, it encourages a very carefree playstyle when it comes to engagements. Like I said I don't know if this was intended, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to prevent this, or perhaps increase the respawn time significantly to increase the fear of death.

First off, I appreciate you mentioning the dev branch. I was kinda worried that the update might completely break the core script package.

So in order:

• 1 - Correct, new gear spawn in the middle of markers. The idea is to save time by being able to resupply at freshly-capped AOs and move on without having to go ALL the way to the main base.
  • 2 - Still tweaking on this, I noticed a couple nights ago the patrolling AI have started taking the liberty of wandering outside of the marker which makes me think some of the garrisoned AI might be doing the same. In the next alpha update I'll be making adjustments to marker size and spawning distance (how close to the AO before it spawns AI).
  • 3 - A valid point, at this point I'm mainly focusing on getting the gameplay squared away before making it pretty (hence the poorly written descriptions on the sign and in the briefing notes). This will be taken care of.
  • 4 - It's a balance thing, when a server gets more players it'll turn that off automatically. It's mainly to help keep the action going and help a server reach "critical mass" (when the majority of players join a server).

EDIT: I just noticed that one of the settings regarding 4 was off, so that wouldn't toggle automatically. Oops. That's the side affect of not being able to test on your own server before releasing updates :o

Edited by LKincheloe

• 2 - Still tweaking on this, I noticed a couple nights ago the patrolling AI have started taking the liberty of wandering outside of the marker which makes me think some of the garrisoned AI might be doing the same. In the next alpha update I'll be making adjustments to marker size and spawning distance (how close to the AO before it spawns AI).

Funny you mention that, because last night we did some more testing. We literally blew up every building in Syrta with C4 and mortars and turned the town into a moonscape and were still unable to cap.

If I may offer some ideas, maybe requiring the death of every AI generated in that zone isn't the best strategy when it comes to capture. Because who knows if these AI get stuck in the ground or wander off somewhere. My friends and I had a few ideas.

I have only a cursory knowledge of arma scripting, so some of these ideas may be difficult to implement:

• Some sort of function to check whether the number of enemy forces left is below a certain threshold, or percentage, and if yes the area is captured. The idea here is that you don't have to exterminate the area to the last man, but do significant enough damage to secure the area.
  • Make only, and only the AI currently in the red capture zones count towards the area still being held by the enemy. I imagine this would be difficult to implement, solely because when the AI's are generated, I gather you might have it set to a total number of people that need to be neutralized in order for the area to be considered captured. And having some kind of function to change an AI or vehicle not count or count towards the zone would be more difficult than it's worth.
  • Some type of object or area that you have to seize. There seems to be a lot of importance on flags in this mission, and in my mind perhaps you could place a flagpole down in the center of town and create some function to initiate an animation that would be considered taking down the enemy flag and replacing it with the FIA one. The player character, or FIA forces that start the capture of this flag could perhaps trigger another function where the AI would start to mobilize towards the town center, and flag to try to stop you. This could create some auxiliary gameplay by allowing you to implement wandering CSAT forces who will attempt to recapture areas you've previously secured, creating a more dynamic feel to the map.

Of course if you can get the regular capture method working smoothly that would be acceptable. I just feel like the need to neutralize every enemy in an area bogs down the map a bit. It can literally take hours to capture each area, and in a public server setting, people generally don't have the patience to commit an entire day to capturing the entire map. I feel like this map has a lot of potential, and I also don't mean to try to distort your vision for where you want the map the go. I'm just offering some observations.

There might be some correlation between the dev version and some AOs not going green. So I'm wondering if EOS (the script that handles the AOs) is bugging out in the Dev, you got a .rpt file from the server you were on?

There might be some correlation between the dev version and some AOs not going green. So I'm wondering if EOS (the script that handles the AOs) is bugging out in the Dev, you got a .rpt file from the server you were on?

The testing I was talking about there was actually done on the regular version of Arma and not devbranch. My friend was hosting the mission on his dedicated server, so I personally don't have access to any logs, sorry. I do think your initial theory of AI's wandering out of the zone is still correct though. We might of turned Sytra into a moonscape but we didn't really look around the surrounding area.

Time for a new version, a9: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vyjr34n5xhs7u1u/co_38_resistance_a9.Altis.pbo

• Made the AOs a tad smaller and reduced activation ranges in an effort to minimize patrols going on vacation wandering off
  • changed a respawn setting that allowed respawning on own corpses any time, now dependent on a percentage of the server population being dead. (oops)
  • Moved some more AOs around for balance
  • New Dealer Missions: Destroy Radar Station, Destroy "crashed" UAV, Destroy Convoy. Explosives might be in order for these adventures.
  • Some AOs on the waterfront now have respawnable boats to take on joyrides

Thank you, @LKincheloe ! This is one of the best missions I've played.

- There is no virtual box, so people doesn't keep making ubber setups with nightstalker scope, etc. We need to manage our weapons, and farm for more.

- Enemies are more unpredictable: Sometimes they are attacking our base! That was new.

- Enemies keeps a while dead, so it is good to have time to check their bodies.

- The mission is running so smooth! No process lag or something like that.

- Everyone can revive. It improves a LOT a gameplay for few players.

- We can save the game! We play here at the lunch time, so it will be a fun mission to play for a while. We took a month to finish Insurgency Stratis and it was great. But this one sound better!

- We can respawn and keep our last setup. BTW, we had a problem resume the game and some people restarting their rig setup. We played the new version already. Tomorrow we will know if it loads normally.

- There is some armory around the map that we can find. We just found a tank! For freeeee! How lucky is that? ;)

Where do we find dealer missions? And where is the reward for places conquered? At the base?

We are loving to play this mission! Great work, mate! And thank you again.

Cheerios

P.S.: Are you planning to release it at Steam Workshop?

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

BTW, you were playing the 0.7.1 version and they were swarming around us.mobo, infantary. Almost impossible to survive. But today, playing 0.9 was more fair, I think. We could keep alive a longer time. Not sure if better strategy, less enemies, faster attack or all of them. My friends enjoyed better today.

Did you change something for few players? Cheers

I have no idea why it does that, it's supposed to be disabled (enableSaving [false, false];) but for whatever reason it doesn't take hold. I have yet to find the cause of it. What you're probably experiencing is the game being unable to cope with loading a mission not designed with save states in mind, so it breaks. Sorry that it gave the impression of being a feature.

Actually it does save, the issue is with a conflict of CBA & "Speed of Sound". "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.speedofsound"... It is a known issue with speed of sound breaking save games and it looks like the new version has addressed it (which I am currently downloading).

Edited by deadgiveaway