Sign in to follow this  
GothicOne

What the h is wrong with this editor

I created a simple objective for getting dammage of a soldier. I killed that soldier a dozen times and every time the damn objective trigger would not work. I was getting pissed off so I set to burst and fired on an already dead AI laying on the ground and the F*CKing trigger worked after I put several rounds into this dead, laying on the ground AI.

This is crap what the H is going with this thing?

Is anyone experiencing problems with their editor since installing Resistence?

I too experience problems with triggers not activating when they are supposed to.

Didn t find a solution either.

Can someone who has Resistance installed please confirm this for me.

Just create an unarmed soldier named "whatever" and the player an armed soldier. Create a trigger to detect the unarmed soldier. Place trigger over the unarmed soldier in the condition field type getDammage whatever >= 1 without the quotes. Then in the Activation type "1" objStatus "DONE"

Then click effects and at the bottom select text and type in something. Now Preview and shoot the unarmed soldier in the head or chest so you know it's a kill shot and the body's head is down and not moving. Unless I'm crazy your objective trigger should not work. Now put two more rounds into the body and your trigger should then work.

Since when does it take three head/chest shots to get a dammage of 1 returned? The body's head is down and it's not moving yet it isn't "destroyed" according to the software.

This never occured to me with the original disk nor Red Hammer only after installing Resistance.

Does anyone concur?

Hi,

Really, that sucks. I am building a mission on the Nogovo map. I'm going to uninstall Resistance to see if the problem goes away. I also have a problem with unassignvehicle refusing to work.

I would have tried this for myself if I could...

But it isn't quite that easy when you're not at home where you have the game...

Could you try adding this init.sqs to the mission and tell me what you get?

:loop

player sidechat format ["Damage: %1",getdamage whatever]

~0.1

goto "loop"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MaHuJa @ Aug. 21 2002,09:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would have tried this for myself if I could...

But it isn't quite that easy when you're not at home where you have the game...

Could you try adding this init.sqs to the mission and tell me what you get?

:loop

player sidechat format ["Damage: %1",getdamage whatever]

~0.1

goto "loop"<span id='postcolor'>

That could work ( can t test now, i m at work sad.gif )

But that stuff should work without a script !!!!

hi,

try (!alive whatever) in the trigger's condition field

or

Group (F2) the trigger and the soldier called whatever.

Open the trigger and select that :

Activation : vehicle Not present

Hey thanks guys.

I was thinking of giving them initial dammage of .6 or .7 unfortunately .6 and one rifle round to the head or chest was not enough to achieve 1 and .7 was too much dammage because visible blood appeared on the uniform.

MaHuja I'm not sure how to tie that into an objective trigger. I've used limited scripting so far. confused.gif

aiki !alive did work perfectly. I was not aware of the ! being used like that. Thanks.

Go figure, the ai is actually not alive but according to dammage they are < 1 and are alive. Frustrating.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Aug. 21 2002,11:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But that stuff should work without a script !!!!<span id='postcolor'>

That wouldn't work as you'd expect... It'd only show you what the damage values were at all times. If you try it, you'll see exactly how the damage value does behave.

putting it in init.sqs ought to have it run automatically without triggers to make it run.

But using the "alive" command should be more reliable anyway. I believe it is "mind within body" like "body within tank" - the bodies can be hurt and the crew killed while the tank is still "alive" i.e. not destroyed. I believe some of the same applies to a body - a person can be killed before/without the body being ripped apart...

If you want to check if a unit is dead, never check for damage.

Do a

not(alive UnitName)

or something like that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GothicOne @ Aug. 21 2002,09:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Place trigger over the unarmed soldier in the condition field type getDammage whatever >= 1 without the quotes.  Then in the Activation type "1" objStatus "DONE"<span id='postcolor'>

Using getDammage xx>=1 is to test if some is alive is simply not correct. Use not alive xxx instead.

Example: Soldier can be dead after his head is seriously injured. His total dammage is lesser than 1, but he is still dead.

I repeat: use not alive xxx condition instead.

Yep, use alive function, when using getDammage you have to do the dirty work and think about the values you pick. It's not always 1 that will work.

EDIT: There Suma got it.

I was playing arround with the new C-130 when i remenbered an old scrip to eject troops fron air vehicles.

I tried it and everything seemed to be ok, but when we all arrived the ground the squad leader ordered to get in the C130 again and some seconds later he landed in the near airbase that we are suposed to seize.

I tried using "unassingvehicle _x" foreach units Stg

but it doesn't work.

Is there an alternative comand o script?

Thnx.