Sign in to follow this  
SlyBoy87787

Wondering how accurate Arma III is?

I know that the other Arma games have been pretty much military simulator and I'm just wondering if any people who know about real life military weapons and vehicles would think that Arma is more true to life than most games? What about the interaction between people in the game and tactics used. I think the game is great and wanted to know if it couuld act as kind of "practice"

Thanks, guys! SlyBoy

ArmA III is set in the future... hope that answers your question. :o

(I think ballistics and stuff are modelled as good as they can get and VBS is used by military so would pressume there is some accuracy :) )

Yes the game can be used to practice procedures and tactics. The game is set in 2035, but doesn't mean it can't be played using real world tactics & concepts. It's still Arma & people who enjoy the tactical side of these games, will still be able to set up scenarios however they deem.

Yes, absolutely! It is definitely the most realistic infantry and combined-arms game on the market. The open-world concept and realistic approach makes real life military tactics actually a necessity in many cases. Many groups or squads call themself "MilSim" and they play the game with e.g. correct military radio protocols, real tactics and hierarchies. If you're interested in that kind of gameplay, you can take a look around in our squad section. :) The setting of the game might play in 2035 but most of the equipment is already existing and nothing imaginary.

It is however primarily still a entertainment product so if you're looking for a real and dry simulator, check out VBS2 which is basically the military version of Arma that various armies all around the world use for training.

I was not aware that you guys were involved in help training military forces. Consider yourselves boycotted.

I was not aware that you guys were involved in help training military forces. Consider yourselves boycotted.

The game officially doesn't support / help train military forces & that's not the point of the game. Some people simply enjoy the tactical aspects that can be had with the game. Most with little or no military background.

On another note, I'm sure there are some military persons who use the game to improve their real world tactics. But that can be said for nearly any FPS.

If you want to boycott products that train military forces, boycott BiSim and not BIS :wink_o: They are different companies.

@slyboy

Its really about how you play the game, get some like minded friends together or join a good group/clan and it can be as real as you make it, or indeed single player, make your own missions or play community made missions that suit your style of play.;)

I know that the other Arma games have been pretty much military simulator and I'm just wondering if any people who know about real life military weapons and vehicles would think that Arma is more true to life than most games? What about the interaction between people in the game and tactics used. I think the game is great and wanted to know if it could act as kind of "practice"

There are a lot of users of this forums with military background, I'd dare to say than quite more than in any other commercial game. So here you have part of the answer.

Though this is only a piece of software, and not even VBS can simulate 100% how military life is ( I would say not even 50% ).

Obviously this game played by people with military knowledge and experience with radio software or in LAN, and with some supervision, can be used as some kind of practice for some tactics or to prepare situations. After all the board wargames have been used to train officers since the ancient Romans at least.

Anyway, what do you want to practice? If you are interested in the real military life check the requirements to join your own country's army academy. After all Arma 3 is only a game.

Sorry but looking at the avatar name -this made me chuckle :p

Staying in character or serious?