Sign in to follow this  
Dave -OFPL-

Cheats

I have only ever seen 2 - 3 cheaters in over a year of gaming in OFP, and they got punted by the admin within 5 mins.

I don't think it is that much of a problem, but it would be nice to see a few fixes to stop the cheaters.

RED

I have only seen one guy who used the ammocheat and he got banned from several servers after I posted it on this forum.

I tried to find the ammocheat and make a list of wich sites had it. I soon realized they were very many and gave up.

I have tried the ammocheat and I completed DesertAmbush alone shooting RPG at everything, I must say it really sucked, it was no fun at all, I havent used the cheat since.

Not only is it boring to use and makes it less fun to play for the cheater, it also makes it less fun for everyone else and its really pathetic to be cheating.

I think the OFP community is a bit more mature then the CS community so I dont think that cheating will be a problem, most players play OFP because its fun, not to prove how good they are. I think that is a big difference with OFP and CS. People cheat in CS not because its fun but because they get frags, people dont cheat in OFP because it takes the fun out of OFP and OFP is played because its fun, not to get frags.

Well Like I said you guys are blind.  There are many more cheats than the ammo cheat.  That one is so stupid and noticable, so who cares.  The ammo cheat won't get you anywhere.

And if you have only seen 2 or 3 cheaters in the time that you have played you must not play that much. Cuz we catch them all the time. The ammo cheat, I see a few times a week, and the others, though hard to prove, I see several times a month.

But there are more cheats they are just way more difficult to implement and use.  

Like I said, there are aimbots(auto-aim), object removel, which like the post right above this one, you can just run anywhere you want.  He did it by accident, but some people know he to do it on purpose, the lag cheat, which people unlpug there modem, and radar like cheats.

And I really wish that BIS would do something about it.  Of course they got so many other bugs in this game, who knows when they will do anything about any of them.

Well lol Although many would protest this, I am one of the top 10 players in this game. And I have been playing it with my squad since the first demmo. And out of the 1,000s of games, and many different servers I have played on. I have only seen 1 cheat 100% no doubt about it. I have seen suspicious players, but this was the first undeniable cheat. Unlimited ammo.

There is no doubt in my mind that OFP has the least amount of cheating going on than any other FPS. If you dont want cheaters, than do something about it. Yes BIS cant stop them but we can. When you see someone who cheats undeniably, with proof. Than post the Player ID# cause thats what BIS did give us. Unique ID's. Get the ID by typing #userlist in game. Then pass the ID along to the server admins and owners. Soon cheaters will have to go back to what they do best...play with themselves.

Now those of you who have a lot to learn in this game cant go accusing people of cheating, cause they get the best of you, or are just plain good. The way I know the guy I saw was cheating. Not because he beat me, but because I drove strait at him in a fresh T80, he missed 2 times with a law, and he is no where near ammo or dead bodies, so I intend to run him over, when to my surprise 8 more laws come out of his Law launcher rapid fire. Smoke trails and all. Then he tried to say I was running over mines, when I accused him lol.

Then he shot tows like it was a machinegun from the bradley at another player. So after two regulars on the server verified it, he gets banned.

For anyone runing a server out there here is the info:

player ID 534585.

was going by the name

[7th]_gary_bam_owens

using unlimited ammo cheat

BTW modified vet mode does not allow targeting. Also poor map making for tournaments if you ask me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am one of the top 10 players in this game<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure you have even played against half of all people who play OFP?

Cheating is incredibly rare in OFP, and there are only a limited amount of cheats: ammo trainers, speed hacks, body armor hacks, and modifications to the island's.wrp file to make everything stand out or some such evil BS. But unlike players with things like an aimhack or a wallhack, they are fairly easy to spot, and are still very beatable, because the type of player that cheats in OFP is usually a piss ant non-tactical bitch smile.gif

For the first year or so-I came across few if any cheats. But last 6 months-I see more and more cheats. Also see more and more crap like intentional TK and seem to be getting the "Remember original games do not fade" message on almost a daily basis when others connect on some of the servers. Tons a "so and so uses modified config file" also(all will claim a sound mod, but who knows?)This to me is an indicator that a different crowd of people are becoming part of the community. mad.gif

This is more and more reason why I think many are moving toward direct h2h games instead of dedicated servers(dropping #'s could also be that game is not as new as it used to be?) Oh well,such is life huh? I am sure of 1 thing though-there is no way to stop all cheating-it will always be with us as long as weak minded and skilled individuals play online games.  sad.gif

Doh, Gamespy is just OK. I have no problems with the program itself. It works just fine. It's not great, but it doesn't sucks either. What the hell are you guys talking about. You just don't like gamespy because it's gamespy right. Oh, please.

And you can get some really good players together in gamespy. It's not just full of newbies.

Well, KAMAZIA! I am sad to say, you don't get around much.  I am also in the elite, top 10 or 15, no argument needed.  I am posting under a different name, than I play with, just becuase I signed up a long long time ago.  I have also been playing this game since the day it came out, and played the demo before.

My clan has a dedicated server and I have played thousands and thousands of hours.  We catch a few people a week just with the ammo cheat alone.  So, I know you don't get out much.  Just saying you have only seen one.

Second, I know when a player can run from 300 yards away, and hit me with two shots, on a dedicated server(no lag), and do it over and over again, something is up, and since you would be in the top 10 you would know that, that is not possible.

Also, there is the lag cheat, which I have seen 10 times at least in the last few months.  And although to have hard hard evidience you can't.  

And yes BIS can do something just like all the other Game Makers have.  Like ID with punkbusters, and Unreal with CSHP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dark_Intentions @ Sep. 24 2002,21:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For the first year or so-I came across few if any cheats. But last 6 months-I see more and more cheats. Also see more and more crap like intentional TK and seem to be getting the "Remember original games do not fade" message on almost a daily basis when others connect on some of the servers. Tons a "so and so uses modified config file" also(all will claim a sound mod, but who knows?)This to me is an indicator that a different crowd of people are becoming part of the community. mad.gif

This is more and more reason why I think many are moving toward direct h2h games instead of dedicated servers(dropping #'s could also be that game is not as new as it used to be?) Oh well,such is life huh? I am sure of 1 thing though-there is no way to stop all cheating-it will always be with us as long as weak minded and skilled individuals play online games.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Any you are very correct about this@!!

Do not post instructions on how to cheat or this thread will be closed or deleted.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KillerPain @ Sep. 25 2002,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Second, I know when a player can run from 300 yards away, and hit me with two shots, on a dedicated server(no lag), and do it over and over again, something is up, and since you would be in the top 10 you would know that, that is not possible.<span id='postcolor'>

If you can't hit targets at 300 yards with a double tap, then you aint in the top 15 pal.

I am more elite than you! I am the best player in the world! biggrin.gif

Calm down guys you can't proove that you are any better than each other smile.gif

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Sep. 25 2002,08:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Calm down guys you can't proove that you are any better than each other smile.gif

RED<span id='postcolor'>

it's fun though, isnt it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know when a player can run from 300 yards away, and hit me with two shots<span id='postcolor'>

So the guy fired 2 shots while running and hit you from 300 meters?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Sep. 25 2002,09:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So the guy fired 2 shots while running and hit you from 300 meters?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, Seen it from 3 or 4 players, several times over and over again.  For all you, that would be an aimbot.  And yes there is one.  

Any computer, any game, any password, an any program can be hacked.  Just takes the knowledge and time.  But it has been proven over and over again.

Look at Microsoft!  Why do you think you have to patch Internet Explorer all the time?  CUZ SOMEONE HACKS IT.  And they spend millions a year on security prevention.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 25 2002,03:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you can't hit targets at 300 yards with a double tap, then you aint in the top 15 pal.<span id='postcolor'>

TEX,

I can do it with one tap 500 yards away with a Bizon, But that isn't my point.

If you would read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAID ON THE RUN, RUN BEING THE KEY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FULL RUN 300 YARDS AWAY?confused.gif CAN YOU DO THAT OH ALMIGHTY TEX?confused.gif

No. Also, that crack is eventually going to kill you. It's late, and I didnt bother to read a whole post all the way through. Gimme a fucking break. Now, in other news, you are absolutely sure that a guy 300 yards away from you, is running when he shoots you?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 25 2002,09:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No. Also, that crack is eventually going to kill you. It's late, and I didnt bother to read a whole post all the way through. Gimme a fucking break. Now, in other news, you are absolutely sure that a guy 300 yards away from you, is running when he shoots you?<span id='postcolor'>

No, I am blind and I play this game.

Yes I am sure, like I said I am also, in the top 15 or so. I am not dumb, nor have I smoked crack, well in the last hour, J/K.

I know what I have seen. And I would let it go, but seeing it from the same 3 or 4 people is kinda wierd, DON"T YOU THINK?

And I am not talking lag or desync, this has happened on a OC48 Connection, and they had 38-50 pings with no desync.

And I continue to see it from the same players over and over again. I have done a lucky shot or two like that maybe in the whole time I have had this game. But over and over again. I don't think so.

okay- would you like me to put a bandaid on it? Because Im not exactly clear what pointless bitching is going to solve. By the way, do I know you? You sound familiar, in a constantly-whining-about-people-killing-you way...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 25 2002,10:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">okay- would you like me to put a bandaid on it? Because Im not exactly clear what pointless bitching is going to solve. By the way, do I know you? You sound familiar, in a constantly-whining-about-people-killing-you way...<span id='postcolor'>

Number 1, the point was to let all you blind mofo's out there know that their are more than just a simple little ammo cheat.

Number 2, I wouldn't whine about being killed since I do the killing.

Number 3, what's your problem?

Number 4, I really wish BIS would do something about it.

Number 5, I just found your Server Address on All Seeing Eye.  I will come give you some Pain in the next day or two.

Number 6, you need to chill out.

Goodnight!