Sign in to follow this  
gagagu

Advanced Object Library Mod

Hi all,

i am thinking about to combine all small addons/mod (vehicles, weapons, building, ...) to one big mod. This will give the mission creator the abillity to use more objects without to download all small addons. For example if you will create a mission with some custom vehicle you have to download all single vehicle when its not in a combined mod.

This big library will updated by time intervall to insert new content or bugfixing.

Armaholic have many custom models, do i need the permission from all creators to insert it to my library?

I will make a list where all creators are listet and linked to armahilic page.

This could be a huge mod!

What do you think?

A compilation might be possible, but a mod, no. and of course, some addons may break others, etc.

Hi,

i do not understand what (for you) the difference between a compilation and a mod is (in view of my case)? :confused:

For me it's (in my case) the same. In this mod/compilation i have to make sure that no addon effects another or the game itself. It should extend the objects not overwrite something!

I want to add new vehicles, ships, planes, helicopter, furniture, buildings, ... not change extisting content.

People like to mix and match what they like and not use the stuff they dislike. Adding everything in is just overload and I don't see it getting used very much at all.

There should be a default function (besides Splendid tools) for ' Visual View ' with all vehicles simply spawned in lines and a white dialog with black text in it floating over all vehicles (using onEachFrame {}; ), so people with a couple simple edits could see all stuff for their own mods etc.

BIS?

Edited by Polygon
Evil smile

Hi,

it seems like that you don't understand what i want to do.

Example: I want to make a Mission with some Ships in it (USS Nimitz, Dostroyer, Sub Marines) and some custom Planes. To play my mission the player has to download all addons to play my mission.

He has to download the Uss Nimitz and install it.

He has to download the Destroyer and install it.

He has to download the Sub Marines and install it.

He has to download every plane and install it.

And he has to check the correct versions for every addon.

This could be result in an install orgy and at the end no one will play my mission because of too much work to install.

To prevent that it would be nice to have a library addon/mod where all these stuff is included in one big library. The player only has to download one mod to get all custom suff for many missions!

Thats the idea.

Unneeded. The user can either use six, or manual. Plus, as previously said, some addons conflict with others, or will anyways

You might be interested in our upcoming (about to be released) Synq packages and collections; http://play.withsix.com/posts/99-synq-and-multiversion-progress (see the 2 linked articles as well).

Especially the collections; they are specifically designed to this type of thing, without the horrible drawbacks and maintenance burden a 'pack' would have,

with the possibility to split between requirements, and optional mods, as well as designated for Client-Only, Server-Only or both.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi,

ok. Thx guys for you comments!

@Sickboy: thx. I will check it.