Sign in to follow this  
gimpymoo

Default server difficulty and disable AI slots?

Hi.

I admin a small server for myself and some friends.

I have a server with no mission cycle specified so players can select the mission when logging into the server when empty.

Is it possible to retain the mission selection yet setting a default difficulty level as at present, players can change map and difficulty, I just want players to be able to select mission, not change difficulty.

Also, in co-op missions with AI slots, is it possible to disable AI slots automatically without having to use rCon login?

Many thanks for any help.

doesnt quite work as neatly as that, some of the higher difficulty settings, elite for example wont allow some of the easier options.

Ramius's approach is the only one but it does have limitations

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

****.ArmA3profile defining...... difficulty="*****"; or difficultyMP="*****";eg "Veteran" has no effect, all missions will run in regular mode unless manually redefined in mission selection screen.

Does that mean the above will not work?

Edit:

Just tried and as the thread above mentions, it does not work. User can still select difficulty.

Any other ideas please?

Edited by Gimpymoo

You cant.

You can only edit the difficulties in order to have all the same parameters ( when possible ).

The only other solution is to set mission rotation with selected difficult and disable the admin vote

Edited by ramius86

Can you have a rotation specified yet still have a vote system when the first players join?

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

You cant.

You can only edit the difficulties in order to have all the same parameters ( when possible ).

The only other solution is to set mission rotation with selected difficult and disable the admin vote

Thank you, I get it now.

My misunderstanding, I was putting in Difficulty="regular"; What I need to do is specify each parameter to "emulate" regular settings.

Is there any sample "Regular" configs available?

Edited by Gimpymoo