Sign in to follow this  
kupcho

BULLDOZER - What is it? How does it work?

Okay, I confess - I'm an ARMA noob.

From what I've found in the forums, it seems that the BULLDOZER is some kind of terrain editor.

And the only threads that I've found are about using it in ARMA 2.

Is it included in the game (ARMA 3) or do I have to buy it?

How do I start it?

Can I edit the existing terrains or does it only create new stuff?

Can I place things like buildings, roads and street lamps?

Are there any tutorials available?

Etc, etc, etc...

Sorry of these questions are too basic, but like I said...I'm a real noob in this respect.

And any info would be greatly appreciated.

Buldozer (only one l) is a special mode of the Arma 1/2/3, used as an in engine 3d (pre)viewer for both Oxygen (model editor) and Visitor (terrain editor). Without these tools it is useless. No tools for Arma 3 have been released, but some people have been able to use the Arma 2.5 tools.

I believe Buldozer is a multipurpose renderer, as used in Vistor etc. It also is used as camera in ArmA, previously you have been able to take more control of floating cameras in ArmA by assiging control axes to Buldozer control options. However this seems to have disappeared in ArmA3, last time I checked (which I haven't done in A3 release so it might be different now...) there was no Buldozer subsection in control options.

However it might be possible to do it manually via notepad right in the player's config, I will probably look into this at some point as I use TrackIR in my previous Buldozer/camera useage :)

Thanks for the replies folks.

I was hoping that it was some kind of 3D editor where I could place objects, troops, etc onto the existing maps (I don't think I'm ready to build entire islands yet).

Hopefully, someone in the ArmA community will come up with something. The 2D editor can be tedious, y'know...

Anyway, thanks again.

There's a confusing semi functional 3D editor included with ArmA3. Create the empty file and make a shortcut to:

"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" "C:\Users\Kupcho\Documents\Arma 3\missions\3d.Stratis\mission.biedi" -nosplash

Then run the shortcut.

kylania, I assumed that I was making a new shortcut to the ArmA3 executable.

After I produced the new shortcut, I placed the code (replacing the Kupcho with Jimmy C (Kupcho is the tag I use here, not the user name on my computer)) into the target field of the shortcut.

But every time I tried to apply it, it came back saying that the path was invalid.

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for the replies folks.

I was hoping that it was some kind of 3D editor where I could place objects, troops, etc onto the existing maps (I don't think I'm ready to build entire islands yet).

Hopefully, someone in the ArmA community will come up with something. The 2D editor can be tedious, y'know...

Anyway, thanks again.

I know all about tedious :) I have been building a castle in layers for 3 weeks and manual editing the file to line up the X,Y,Z axis to get everything lined up :) send me a PM and will get on TS and i will share all the little tricks i lived so far :)

9FA84B64860A2A310C807C73FA3F6065CA5B4BD4