Sign in to follow this  
YattaYatta

Script errors not shown anymore

Im not sure what I did but script errors dont show anymore for me. Even doing "_x = 1/0;" in the console doesnt prompt an error.

Did I press a wrong key or something ? Its a tad bit annoying for debug ...

Sorry I should have mentioned that, but I tried "-ShowScriptErrors" already, to no effect.

Sorry I should have mentioned that, but I tried "-ShowScriptErrors" already, to no effect.

Congrats you have no errors! :P

Yeah, apparently I have less errors when my scripts do not run at all. I think its my secret talent.

Edit: Also, my computer can divide by zero. Be jealous.

Edited by YattaYatta

Bumping because if I dont grt a solution to this im going to die an old cat lady.

Which is double terrible because Im not a lady and I dont even like cats.

Thanks kylania. Due to your message I investigated my -showScriptErrors parameter. Turns out my desktop shortcut was a steam shortcut, not an exe one. Hence the parameter was ignored - as expected, dumb me.

Anyways, if I get this right the errors where disabled by default for the official release ?

It doesnt sound smart to hide messages telling you something the mission you're playing is broken. I think errors should always be shown in editor mode.

Anyways, now I can go back to my mission after I cancel that kitten wholesale order. Thanks again.

Congrats you have no errors! :P

lol :)

I think errors should always be shown in editor mode.

Good idea mate.

I think you'll find the script errors were disabled on stable build due to public outcry at the start of beta. dev build always had them on