Sign in to follow this  
suprememodder

you know what the editor needs? automatic weighing

i've seen this work in user made tools for other games. basically, you can copy the weight of another model and paste it onto a different one. for best results you'll need to position the two objects in identical positions. this is good for modders who lack proper rigging software like 3dstudios or maya, because rigging in-editor is a load of work and produces terrible results. with auto weight, we can at least get rid of the most difficult part and work on small adjustments to perfect the rigging.

O2 is a joke in its own right. there are a lot of things that are required for a 2013 toolset, beeing it SDK or professional grade software, before a weight transfer tool. That said, i am confident that the upcoming upgraded tools will remain just the same with updated LODs and bulldozer.

In 3dstudioMax there is this modifier called SkinWrapPatch, I already use it with good results almost 90% of the new model riged with out need to fix, if you use it you should check the option "assing all the vertex", do some test of animation, and paint the weighting in the parts that needs fixes

Im far from an expert with O2 and weighting but I did find it was possible to copy weights from another LOD. I was using the example vest bi released as a template. I imported my model to the first LOD, deleted the old model and then copied weighting from LOD2. It worked but not very well