Sign in to follow this  
Rhodiebert

New to ArmA. What to do next?

Hi,

I downloaded ArmA 3 Beta a couple weeks ago and didnt find a lot of time to play until now. I have finished so far the Introductive missions and now dont really know, where to go from there. This is my first ArmA and I'm still far from familiar with the controlls and all the options available.

Then I was wondering if there is some kind of free play mode, without any mission objectives, where you can just mess around with different vehicles and weapons do a little sight seeing on Stratis Island.

And my final question: Is there a way, to hit more accurate at medium and long distances? Or do I do something wrong? For example with the assault rifle and Aimpoint, I aim from a prone position at a man sized target at less than 200m. I push right mouse button to hold my breath and I shoot and still miss!? In real life with a G-36 prone I hit 10 out of 10 at 200 m with red dot sight. Even 100m or less are difficult to hit in this game. Maybe the sights are to big. It feels like at 50 - 100m the red dot is covering the whole target already, which IRL would equal about 200 - 300m. I dont know. Havened played any game before, where you shoot at such distances either, so maybe my mouse is just crap.

Then I was wondering if there is some kind of free play mode, without any mission objectives, where you can just mess around with different vehicles and weapons do a little sight seeing on Stratis Island.

The 'Editor' do anything in there, make your own missions mess around etc. Help you a lot to get used to the game..:)

I found going into one of the Wasteland servers was very helpful. Pick a side and survive. Relaxed enough that you can learn the game but not so much that total chaos ensues. Its great. But like the above posters said....do anything. Just have fun with it.

to the missions in steam workshop, try out a bunch. some are real good.

and add far as accurate shooting goes, prone and right mouse button are all you need, the scope moves minimally due to breathing but timing that isn't tricky. maybe your fps are low as that can make aiming a bit tricky due to jerkier movement.

Edited by twisted

Welcome, just hang out for another 24 hrs before all out war ensues on Altis island 8)-:yay: If ya hav'nt already goto steam/library/ArmA3/properties/betas opt (IN) dev branch an take a sneak peek at the main ArmA island which is not Stratis but Altis if'n ya did'nt already know. Any questions filter Call911 in servers list an join an I can help ya with just about everything an anything ArmA related 8)-

Try one of the missions with all weapons/vehicles from the steamworkshop (like Sterrapps Armory or Jesters beta showcase).

After that, try of one of the singleplayer missions (check the rating of steamworkshop or armaholic SP-missions)

Uninstall, try to get your money back. That's the least you could do at this point. Game's a joke let alone the company. None of it's games have been quality.