Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Rhino

Will the maps combine?

Is it the intention ever to combine both maps so that say Stratis could be BluFor & Altis is OPFOR? I don't mean that the system would make blufor and opfor per island, just useful for those that want to create Campaigns

Or would that just be a system killer?

I dont think that will ever happen. BI seems to like his real-world fidelity so putting both islands next to each other would be a no. Also resources-wise I dont think it would be a good idea.

That being said we will probably see user-created map at some points, involving two separate islands.

Thought as much, from a strategic point of view it would have been nice to loadup and fly in from other island. No biggie

Cheers

T

There's physical space for Stratis on the Altis map, but lag would be bad. :)

As I said, thought as much but just thought I would fire it out there.

Hope you are well KYL

The coords of Stratis and Altis in ArmA 3 actually make them in spitting distance of each other. Last time I checked you could fly East from Stratis for about 4 minutes and you would "be" in Altis technically. They won't connect the two maps because they would have to decrease the detail of the overall map due to the limitations currently in place. If anything they will have a campaign setup so that once you are close enough to the other map, it go through a loading screen and place you in the correct position on the other map. I've already managed to do this in ArmA 3 Beta.