Sign in to follow this  
catkuba

Rocket launcher im65 - finished

m65-(2).jpg

m65-(7).jpg

This are some sceenshots of the instalaza final model. Comments are welcome.

Enjoy.

Looks nice! Interesting how you have it as a rifle instead of a regular rocket...but from the pic it seems to work well. How many rounds will he carry? You might want to include a pistol of some sort (one of the ones already in Resistance) just as a backup weapon. You can add that in the script but it would be good if he had that secondary weapon.

Any idea when this addon will be available for download. It's kinda hard to comment more on it until we've played it and tested it out.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

im65? I am not familiar with this weapon. Link?

looks exactly like the original US WW2 Bazooka but with a bipod..is it related?

Recoilless rifles were predecessors to modern rocket launchers. The projectiles have no onboard fuel...in effect, it is a cannon to be used by 1 man. To reduce recoil they use 2 main types of systems: either displacing a solid mass of equal weight to the projectile out the back of the gun, or by venting gasses out the back.

Not many countries use them any more, mainly replaced by LAWs etc., but still in use in many guerilla units and thrid world armies.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Aug. 17 2002,06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Found this on it look under 90mm Recoilles Rifle<span id='postcolor'>

Incorrect information in that link my friend  wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif

General Caracteristics:

Caliber: 88,9mm

Weapon lenght on transpor: 0.85mts

Weapon lenght while firing: 1.64mts

Total weight (no ammo): 6Kgs

Optic scope: 2 zooms x 14

Ammo types : Hi power Anti-Tank Rocket; Hi power fragmentation Rocket (anti personel); Smoke Rocket

instalaza.jpg

instalaza2.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 17 2002,02:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks nice, but has anyone ever heard of this weapon?

I tried a web search and FAS, but no luck.<span id='postcolor'>

This rocket launcher was made by:

Instalaza SA

(Spanish Factory)

More Info (PDF Format)

Instalaza rocket launcher Model 65

when you carry it on the back will it be that small its on your pic?

to Paratrooper:

The finished model has been made for Resistance

to B@ZOOkA:

As we all know OFP works with solid models. I mean that the model cant be animated and as you say , in real life , the launcher is shorter when someone transport it, and its opened to fire. This cant be done in OFP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 18 2002,02:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Recoilless rifles were predecessors to modern rocket launchers. The projectiles have no onboard fuel...in effect, it is a cannon to be used by 1 man. To reduce recoil they use 2 main types of systems: either displacing a solid mass of equal weight to the projectile out the back of the gun, or by venting gasses out the back.

Not many countries use them any more, mainly replaced by LAWs etc., but still in use in many guerilla units and thrid world armies.<span id='postcolor'>

You`re right in your observation Major Fubar , this "old crap" uses the "gas ventilation" system. I must say i have been part of the Argentinian Army and a lot years ago actually i was able to fire it more than once. Also i should say that this rocket launcher was the standar weapon of the minimal unit in the army in 1982. Now , our country ( a 3rd world one ) has replaced these for new equipment , all provided by the USA

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Salute!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (catkuba @ Aug. 19 2002,02:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">to Paratrooper:

The finished model has been made for Resistance

to B@ZOOkA:

As we all know OFP works with solid models. I mean that the model cant be animated and as you say , in real life , the launcher is shorter when someone transport it, and its opened to fire. This cant be done in OFP<span id='postcolor'>

Can these finished rockets be downloaded by any chance?

It would be very nice if we could actually use them! Please!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 19 2002,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">argentina is 3rd world? er i would call it a developing country or developed<span id='postcolor'>

If it isn't third world it will be soon!

What else do you have in the works? This looks quite promising, more weapons or units perhaps?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 19 2002,07:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 19 2002,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">argentina is 3rd world? er i would call it a developing country or developed<span id='postcolor'>

If it isn't third world it will be soon!

What else do you have in the works? This looks quite promising, more weapons or units perhaps?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, unfortunatly you'r wright, things looks like shit here.

You can chek the link at my signatures to see the proyect.

To all who asked: The model 'll be released with the capmaig, hopefully 12/2002.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 19 2002,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">argentina is 3rd world? er i would call it a developing country or developed<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunatelly this country is experimenting some sort of decadence process and will be this way for a long time unless we its habitants awake and take control of the situation. But there`re persons (inluding myself) who still believe in this country and will do anything that`s necesary to revert the situation. Here`s a frase that will synthesize my thoughts

"When our fatherland is at risk , everything is allowed ...except , letting it perish"

Salute!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (catkuba @ Aug. 19 2002,08:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"When our  fatherland is at risk , everything is allowed ...except , letting it perish"<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds kinda revolutionary