Sign in to follow this  
matt_zilla

Who would like to see a futuristic type mod?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if it should be kind of water world...why are there all the big continents left?... i mean all country should have been flooded? <span id='postcolor'>

the world's superpowers of the time saw it coming and land snatched all the high ground and or built underwater/floating cities

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">..the only thing that wont work is under water vehicles.... its not possible in ofp i think<span id='postcolor'>

this would be a problem

one way to solve it would be to change they handerling of vehicles and men so it was as if they were under water when infact they are hovering above it, then if you knew what you were doing i expect you could add an under water effect to the view in the same way rain works

although this would mean you wouldn't b able to change from under water to surface within a mission

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">btw: a water world is not very realistic because if the ice caps have melted the oceans would have increased about 60 meters... thats not enought to flood all the continents<span id='postcolor'>

i did think of that and came up wiv this idea but thought it was a bit far fetched

the earth is bombarded by comets (ice and rock) the rock caused the oceans to rise and the ice caused it to rain to such and extent that only a few areas of land were left.

I would like to see the game FALLOUT remade with the OFP engine. I would do it myself but then everyone would dis me because I be spending too much time "Playing Games" you know how people are.

PS. Underwater is possible, just have set the vehicle so it don't get harmed by water and also water has a bottem try crashing into the occean smile.gif

Considering the current game physics, Flashpoint would be well suited for a low- or zero gravity environment somewhere in space on a small planet or moon, or an underwater scenario.

Seriously though, something like Starships troopers would be funny, problematic are animations of Bugs.... without proper tools to construct own animations for OFP you can forget about that.

Anybody here remmber the old tabletop RPG called 2300AD? seems to me the situation there would be near as dammit perfect.

Set after WW3, Mankind has regained and surpassed 20th century technology, but not by much. the big difference is the political picture. Ran would love it; France finally gets to be a superpower. biggrin.gif

The main action is set on a planet called Aurore, at the far end of French expansion. the enemy is a race called the Kafers. They live for violence, in fact it's the only way they can become more intelligent. when not in a combat situation they appear to be retarded, but once the shit hits the fan, their equivalent of adrenalin hits the system. They are already strong and fast, so this particular potion enhances intelligence instead.

All in all, one of the coolest alien species I've ever come across:)

You can imagine this makes things a bit brutal

Warhammer mod, its set really far in the future, but after a great war, and lots of technology has been lost!

Imperial gaurd are armed with laser weapons, But the Space Marines are armed with weapons that fire a sort of explosive sabot bullet.

It has a wide veriety of tanks, only problem is alot of them have more than 1 turret!

They are alot of different weapons, they have 4 bolters alone,

Bolter, Bolt pistol, Heavy Bolter, Storm bolter.

Bolter and bolt pistol according to game rules are exactly the same, cept bolt pistol only takes up one hand!

Heavy bolter fires a larger shell

And storm bolter (maby fires the same cal bullet as bolter, but i expect smaller) fires at a very fast rate!

They also have aircraft, some that could be classed a chopper (low flying hovercraft) and proper fighters. Sombody made a dorp ship that actualy costs Å200!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about a V-Mod? You know, that tv series. Mankind against The Visitors. White shuttles and red/black-colored troopers with laser guns. Huge burger-like motherships<span id='postcolor'>

Actually that's one of the mod ideas that I was considering, but thus far the only movie inspired things I've actually worked on has been for a non-sci-fi 80's flick Red Dawn where Patrick Swayze decided to forgo a career in cheesy dancing movies and fight off the communist invasion of north america.

But a V mod would definitely be neat... now that I know how to retexture... ooh... ooooooooh!!!!

Hi. Just wanted to let you know that Star Wars and Warhammer 40000 mods are on the way.

We cannot give you a relase date, but we are already betatesting some units.

Anyway for Star wars Expect all units form ep 4 (stormtroopers, rebels, At's tounge.gif, x wings and ties )

For Warhammer we have space marines, Chaos, Imperial Guardsmen, Tanks, war bilkes, and assault transports.

You can come to our forums!

http://scifi.the-spectrum.org/subs/scifi/lobby/

i know! I'm on the team!

Kind of, thingy, i dunno his name (AOL is flashpointeditor) is letting me have a go at making a bolt gun! Cuz i'm learning to model!

If you are in the team, then you recognize me.

I have got already a working boltgun ingame.

Contact me on the opscifi forum.

What about dune, have big sand planet and lotas def vechicles and sides to make, u could base it on the game series or more on one of the books, i havnt read em tho so i dont know much.

No, you didn't respawned it.

Anyway dune would be nice! wink.gif

I respawned it with my timely referral to a V mod. Nevertheless, Dune would be an excellent mod... the soldiers are mostly just soldiers, the tanks are tanks and the planes are planes. Of course simulating a sandworm attack would be a sight to see.

what about a mod pertaining to the conspiracy theories of area51/s4/papoose-lake(a good reference is robert lazar who claimed to work in this facility for a short amount of time)? it doesn't sound all that unrealistic to me either. it would be quite modern and in a sense, futuristic..

thinking about it, you'd have alot of modern (and controversial) options involving very high tech or 'top secret' weaponry, aircraft and soldiers.

I beleive those stealth bombers were developed at s4 and were top secret for 'many years' before it officially came into the public eye.

there's a thought anyway.

I've posted a simular topic in the O2 part of the Forum.

My idea was to base most of the units/vehicles/etc... on the art-work from Masamune Shirow's Appleseed/M-99(Blackmagic)/Ghost in the Shell/etc...

As these are set in the very near furture. It has Landmates (exosketons) (smaller versions of the HeavyGear),

Multilegged weaponplatforms(able the size of a 50ton+ Mech), no antigrav devices, cars, motorbikes, copters, jets, and loads of gunners.

Check post out;

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=20602

DragoFirelm_02.jpg

Sorry to resurect this. I have 2-3 things to say.

1. Fallout-inspired game would be perfect for OFP cause it would mainly be new skins and static. 1950's style propaganda posters. Bombshelters w/underground complexes. Bicylces and 1950 T-birds. Post nuclear fallout games could combine some of the simplicity of WW2-era weapons - everyone uses hunting rifles, pistols, "zip-guns" (rubber band powered pin one-shot pistol), moltovs. Players could fight over control of water resources.

2. Someone posted a pic about the Steve Jackson game Ogre. It was my first board game after chess that I played everyday. Also doable with OFP.

3. Although not Sci-Fi, but a Jagged Alliance mod would be cool.

4. I'm new to this community and OFP. I just ordered the game cause the demo was cool (and although the FPS wan't great...I cant run any newer game on my system). Question - Why BIS not release animation tie-in tools?