Sign in to follow this  
Dan7

Add a personal note pad in editor ?

Hi, The problem that often happens to me, is to forget about some command line scripts in the editor ... and with age, it is not helping! ;)

I thought of something, would it be possible to have a like notepad (General button, with load/save) Integrated into the personal notes in the block editor to write his Personal Notes editor to record scripts, test scripts, etc...

I hope you understand what I want to explain ... :rolleyes: Sorry for my english, I use a translator

Thks.

Dan.

That's a good idea. In the mission editor you could pop up a screen that accesses a *.txt file in your mission folder. This way you might be able to copy/paste without alt+tab or working in windows mode. Take notes or use a standard txt file with your scripting cheat sheet.

I have created a folder under my documents that stores all the scripts etc I find and use. With proper naming of the files to find them and saved with notepad, it's easy to build a nice library very quickly. They're also easy to access when editing.

Ok, I also have always done it well, (as everyone does I guess) but I was thinking something like that to avoid work with Alt-Tab or window mode.

This is just for convenience (I even still cripts dating from 2001/2002 for OFP!) :cool:

Edited by Dan7

First point out that the translator is awesome.

Second, I agree, it's just to make things faster, but yeah. When BI can manage to have time, would be a nice addition.

That'd be cool. You could also just grab a cheap memo pad, that's what I use, so I don't have to go back and forth between stuff in the editor. I used to have empty stuff on the map somewhere to do that sort of thing but it got to be a hassle.