Sign in to follow this  
Yashamalu

Glitchy rock

It seems that physic mech controling moving on rock terrain is really glitchy. Sometimes you get stuck on the rock. Last night I killed two players who were standing on huge rocks near sea side and their bodies flew almost 10ms above the ground and stroke the ocean, caused big explosion on the sea surface as if there was C4 detonated under the water. I know nothing about game programming, but since such problem rarely occur on dirt terrain, can't devs just copy the physic system from it over to replace that of rocky terrain?

The movement on rocks system was kinda tweaked in a previous patch making it atleast a viable option to actually walk on cliffs/rocks rather than walking next to them, unfortunately though you will still get stuck on or glitch inside rocks pretty often, I would definitely advise the DEVs to check that again, I also believe that there is already a post about this issue on the feedback tracker, I'm trying to search for the link currently.

I think if you want to play arma you will have to get used to stuff like this, because it's been a problem with the engine from the very start (OFP 12 years ago) from what I've been told.

I think if you want to play arma you will have to get used to stuff like this, because it's been a problem with the engine from the very start (OFP 12 years ago) from what I've been told.

Yeah, there was always some problem with atleast one kinda object ingame, in ArmA2 it was the buildings in ArmA1 it was some other stuff....

I was gaming with a few guys yesterday, got to some old castle ruins and tried using the cliff top as cover from the OPFOR infantry below, ended up giving myself first aid three times because the rocks were injuring me just by walking over them, luckily I was the medic so I had enough gear. Happens all over though and for now I am just going to have to avoid walking over rocks all together.