snniper

Image to white board Why size

Was wondering what the size is for the image if i where to put it on a whiteboard

Thank you

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

When I export the size as that it changes and then when I put it on the side it sitll is really big

Hmm, yeah it's odd. So the actual Altis map file is 2048x2048. But if you put a 2048x2048 file as the objectTexture it skews oddly. Just play around with file sizes and hope for the best. :)

I had this issue.

The format is indeed odd. The ratio 2048 X 2048 obviously does not match the rectangle. Some stuff I found along the way...

You can use JPG textures rather than PAA file. This will help reduce the size per dload etc.

Use 1024 X 1024 as it's a good res (unless you think you need to go to 2048)

As for the ratio. Don't attempt to stretch or squash the image as some tutorials suggest. Just place your graphic a little in from both sides ('m at work and cannot test this stuff I did months ago....if I am incorrect....it must be the top and bottom you need to indent)

Another tip is to use a base image that can simulate a worn out old whiteboard. Make it a little grubby and add some sort of faint drop shadow if you are placing a map or note paper etc. Custom white boards are great when you need to relay info especially TEAMSPEAK or Site info.

My 2 cents

Zeo

Yeah I was experimenting with the whiteboard for our briefing and it seemed like no matter what the size was the edges seem to always get cut off, so try to condense all the content in the whiteboard as close in to the center as possible.

I make my images with a rectangular ratio, and once I'm happy with it I resize it to a square (like 512x512). Then when it's in the game it will stretch to near it's intended look.

Don't attempt to stretch or squash the image as some tutorials suggest.

Don't know why. It works for me.

• Like 1

I will try that out but no matter what I try it seems to be to big

Yes, it works fine. The problem is that only a part of the image is displayed. The trick is to find out which part this is.

Hint: There's a template inside the structures_f.pbo (a3\structures_f\Civ\InfoBoards\Data\mapboard_default_co.paa)... :)

Good find Worldeater! That works really well, except for the bloated file size from converting from PAA to TGA in order to add to it. :)