Sign in to follow this  
trent

Merging Altis and Stratis?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153792-Altis-and-Stris-on-one-physical-map-What-do-you-think

It was discussed before but now Altis is actually out, is it possible to extend Altis's southern ocean a realistic enough distance so Stratis can fit in without being too close? Would solve the "there's 2 sides in a war but only one proper airbase" problem and make for some decent invasion missions.

Would hopefully be a small download as no new assets are required but would only be useable by those on the dev branch.

I don't see how your post fit in this subcategory ?

You should post this in the ArmA 3 - General forum...

Sry for bumping this up, but today i came to the same conclusion. Is it possible to port both islands on one map? Are the files now open and editable so we can make our own Stratis/Altis map?

Sry for bumping this up, but today i came to the same conclusion. Is it possible to port both islands on one map? Are the files now open and editable so we can make our own Stratis/Altis map?

As far as I know, no. None of the files are able to be edited, unless BI releases unbinarised ones like they did with A2.

No and it's highly unlikely they will give permission for such a thing.

Though this sounds like an interesting idea, I would follow the Utes model. Someone with talent in Oxygen (not me) could develop a battleship or something of some sort, maybe even a fleet with different ships like carriers and whatever else is in them. Since I really don't know about those things I honestly couldn't tell you. Though this proposed solution would most likely be faulted at the fact that it might be hard to stage an invasion of the naval fleet since most likely you would need to be in a vehicle. I could see though that if the model was made in such a way you could fight on it like a giant building and maybe it would work like that. Hey, there is that "Make ArmA, Not War" contest that is/has been going on that has a lot to do with Oxygen models, correct? Might find promise there.

The other proposed solution would be to either use the unbinarized Altis files (if they ever come out) and create a new airfield on the map, otherwise find a suitably flat area and try to use it as an airfield. That's really all I got; just grasping at straws here.