Sign in to follow this  
Flogger23m

ArmA 3 beta - is the current build essentially going to be the same as retail?

Hello all,

I've recently found out that the release date of ArmA 3 is nearing very quickly. I am wondering if what we see in the current beta version is essentially what the retail game will be? Obviously the retail version will ship with some extra content, but as far as significant improvements to the editor, command menu and other features go, is there anything else in the pipeline?

The dev branch will receive everything before the release to test for bugs and issues, if you do not want to be spoiled, wait for the full release.

Nothing in the current beta is guaranteed to be in retail.

Just be happy with anything we get in a few weeks and don't stress it.

The dev branch will receive everything before the release to test for bugs and issues

Please note that being in dev branch doesn't equate to being in release:

SITREP 22:

It should be noted that not all of the work seen on development branch will make it into the 1.00 release version. Our team wants to continue their work, but some of the changes are too risky to merge into the release build during the next few weeks. Imagine an AI improvement that enhances CQB behavior for example. This is very exciting work, but it can also change the behavior of existing scenarios. From now until release we go through the fixes in development branch daily and pick those things that are needed / safe. The rest will be used for patches.

Please note that being in dev branch doesn't equate to being in release:

Also:

It should just be the terrain. Other content may be staged as and when it's feasible, up until launch day.

And no complaining there's no new stuff on launch if you choose to test it on dev branch before then! :cool:

Best,

RiE

So I think there might be some content that they will hold back for release. As for significant improvements that the OP is asking for, devs were talking about some tweaks to existing features, but I dont think we will see any significant improvements. Because that could cause other problems to occur, which they ofcourse dont want so close to release (the data lock). Significant improvements (cough medical system cough) hopefully in a patch along with the first episode of the campaign.

I might be wrong though.

The way I see it - the OP didn't ask what content will be in the release. The question is if any major engine features will be implemented on the release version that are currently not available on the dev/beta versions. The answer is no, the release version will essentially be the dev/beta version + more content.

The way I see it - the OP didn't ask what content will be in the release. The question is if any major engine features will be implemented on the release version that are currently not available on the dev/beta versions. The answer is no, the release version will essentially be the dev/beta version + more content.

Essentially what I was asking. Thanks for the reply. A bit too many changes/features I wanted did not seem to make it I guess. :(

And annoyingly they still haven't fixed the physx3_x86.dll crashing issues, which is really annoying as it keeps crashing the game for me. So I guess that it likely to still be in the retail version too.

I don't remember any mention of getting the one fixed wing aircraft prior to release. I hope we do, but I don't know. That's the biggest difference between our version and final release, to me anyways.

I don't remember any mention of getting the one fixed wing aircraft prior to release. I hope we do, but I don't know. That's the biggest difference between our version and final release, to me anyways.

I think that the aircraft will be in the dev build after they release Altis just because of the size but that is just my guess.