Sign in to follow this  
dustpuppy

How to use submarines ? Drowning as soon as I dive

I tried to spawn an SDV in the editor. First observation: the inside of the submarine is flooded with water even when at the surface. After closing the hatch and diving, my vision starts to blur as if I were swimming, then I drown. Are submarines not final in the beta ?

Thank you.

The submarines aren't watertight, the hatch is there just to decrease drag.

A bit disappointing, since IRL you wouldn't need a rebreather until you open the hatch. It's normally watertight.

The SDV is a SEAL or (more generic) Swimmer Delivery Vehicle. Also, Submersible Delivery Vehicle:

SEAL Delivery Vehicle (wiki)

2012072609270712601343266027.jpg

BIS doesn't make leaky boats. They're for more special-ops... :cool:

A bit disappointing, since IRL you wouldn't need a rebreather until you open the hatch. It's normally watertight.

No, it is not watertight in RL!

The hatch is to improve streamlining among other things.

Correct if i'm wrong but on the field manual it says that the SDV has a built-in oxygen supply system for the crew or just the passengers, i don't remember when but i truly believe it was on the field manual, maybe it will be a future feature?

yes it has oxygen supply system. But for using it you would still need a rebreather system.

The problem and the reason why you die is that in submarines a class man is suposed to be under the water.

So, for not drowning either you use an scuba man class (which has a rebreather backpack), add a reabreather backpack in the character's inventory or increase the cargoaircapacity of the vehicle (in the config).