Sign in to follow this  
ironmaiden

Arma 3 Trial

To Bohemia and also forum members,

Hi , I am from India and just last week I downloaded Arma 2 Free version and used the Multiplayer , i am blown with this sim it's just amazing, i am more of a pilot (soon to be) so use FSX and X plane for training.

I just wanted to ask, do I need to purchase the Beta without even trying it ? I am definitely going to buy Arma 3 but after a couple of months.

Bohemia after X plane you have given the best Military sim.

You're unfortunately too late. :/ There used to be the free Arma 3 Alpha Lite to test but now you'll have to wait for the demo which release after the full release on the 12th september

In all honestly, if you liked Arma 2... You won't be disappointed in Arma 3. Gameplay is much smoother, the only problem you might have with Arma 3 is the lack of content but with mods and a good community of multiplayer you will be fine!

Gameplay is much smoother
Tried out ArmA2 last night again, just can't handle it after the awesomeness of ArmA3 anymore. :)

Yeah Arma 3 changed so much, the visual asthetic and infantry controls are something you quickly miss from Arma 3.

Bohemia after X plane you have given the best Military sim.

I completely agree ;)

You're unfortunately too late. :/ There used to be the free Arma 3 Alpha Lite to test but now you'll have to wait for the demo which release after the full release on the 12th september

You mean there was a version like Arma 2 Free ?

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

I completely agree ;)

Check the new sceneries for XPX they are amazing.

Arma 3 here i come.

BTW how is the Multiplayer in Arma 3 ? Would I be able to connect to all the servers ?

Would I be able to connect to all the servers ?

Why shouldn't you?

I'd buy ArmA 3 beta now as Altis will be released next week (Dev version enabled in steam) which will be great for aircraft, you will get the final version and the campaign later if you buy the Beta now anyway.

Like has been said already, ArmA 3 controls are a fair bit better then the older versions and combat in and around buildings is very good now especially since the change was made so rifles don't get you caught against objects and walls etc.

For me ArmA 3 and DCS World the best military sims available :)

Thanks guys for all your suggestions.

BTW i have a problem and don't know who to report it to. I am using Arma 2 free and some servers are banning me ? I have reformatted the system and resinstalled thrice but it is just banning me. but it does not happen on all the servers. Does have anyone any idea ?

You need to post this on the Arma 2 forums buddy.

Oh yeah thnx. didn't realize it.

If you liked ArmA 2 mainly for it's aircraft, then you're in for a disappointment if you get A3, it will only be shipping with one subsonic jet, and 2 more CAS jets will arrive in some update after the release.

But if you're interested in A3 despite that, it's recommended you buy it now while it's at the beta phase, because it will get more expensive after the release.

If you liked ArmA 2 mainly for it's aircraft, then you're in for a disappointment if you get A3, it will only be shipping with one subsonic jet, and 2 more CAS jets will arrive in some update after the release.

But if you're interested in A3 despite that, it's recommended you buy it now while it's at the beta phase, because it will get more expensive after the release.

Nope not for the aircrafts, the aircrafts in Arma have a bad attitude and dynamics they have horrible controls , honestly don't like it. Usually the hovering of a heli is for rapid deployment and stuff, i don't train on a heli so i would not know, but i think a heli can be landed without hovering , you can land it but you need to be careful about the speed and the rate of descent , you need to get a soft touch down, i have done it and landed perfectly but it is difficult. For flight training XPX is great. I want to play Arma for the simple reason -flexibility for ground forces and the weapons which sound just awesome.