Sign in to follow this  
odie0351

No NVG's for helocopter pilots?

For some reason my helo pilots don't have NVG's in their inventory now. Any idea what is going on there? I'm playing on the dev build so I don't know if its just a bug or if BI accidently left if out with a config change.

Yup, no NVGs listed in the config and they don't have any. Yikes.

Have fun flying at night with no radar altimeter.

Yup, no NVGs listed in the config and they don't have any. Yikes.

Is that why currently this code doesn't work anymore?

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player removeWeapon "NVGoggles"; player unassignItem "NVGoggles"} else {player addWeapon "NVGoggles";player assignItem "NVGoggles"};

It removes them ok but it wont add them anymore. This code was working fine for me before the last Dev Build update.

Do you think its an update bug ?

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player removeWeapon "NVGoggles"; player unassignItem "NVGoggles"} else {player addWeapon "NVGoggles";player assignItem "NVGoggles"};

It removes them ok but it wont add them anymore. This code was working fine for me before the last Dev Build update.

so in short that code does

if unit have nvgoogles

remove them

add them

what?

See your crosspost in the beta thread. Use addItem/removeItem with NVGs also unassign them before removing them.

so in short that code does

if unit have nvgoogles

remove them

add them

what?

If the unit has a pair of NVG's, they will be removed.

If it doesn't, a pair of NVG's will be added instead.

Reported: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13026

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

If the unit has a pair of NVG's, they will be removed.

If it doesn't, a pair of NVG's will be added instead.

Actually that code will put NVGs in your inventory if you're wearing them instead of removing them. If you don't have them it'll put the NVG "weapon" it gave you last time into your NVGSlot then put an invisible NVG thing in your optics slot along with an error. :) This would be the proper code for what he's wanting:

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player unassignItem "NVGoggles"; player removeItem "NVGoggles"; } else {player addItem "NVGoggles"; player assignItem "NVGoggles"};

Note that this only works for BLUFOR, since Independents and OPFOR now use different classnames for NVGs.

Reported: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13026

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Actually that code will put NVGs in your inventory if you're wearing them instead of removing them. If you don't have them it'll put the NVG "weapon" it gave you last time into your NVGSlot then put an invisible NVG thing in your optics slot along with an error. :) This would be the proper code for what he's wanting:

if ("NVGoggles" in (assignedItems player)) then {player unassignItem "NVGoggles"; player removeItem "NVGoggles"; } else {player addItem "NVGoggles"; player assignItem "NVGoggles"};

Note that this only works for BLUFOR, since Independents and OPFOR now use different classnames for NVGs.

Sorry for stealing your thread Odie0351 with my bug.

Yeah I tried that kylania and it didn't work mate. There's definitely something different that's stuffed it up for some reason.

What that code is from, is Dslyecxi's Gear Menu dialog, which I've used for my own menu dialog, when you click a button it removes the NV Goggles and click it again to add them back and you could visually see them being removed and added to the units helmet. But it don't work now and like I said this was working fine before the last update. And I've checked Dslyecxi's Gear Menu dialog and its not working there either, so I don't know.

Give that code a try and see for yourself and report back if you wouldn't mind, I'm lost as to how to fix it now.

I tried your code and it didn't work, it acted as i described it above. Using my edited code it would remove, then readd as per expected. This was from the debug console in the editor, so maybe something is different on a dedicated server or something?

No problem PartyHead its pretty relevant to the issue as far as I'm concerned. This not so much but it just doesn't seem worth making a new thread to me; whats up with the useless copilots, don't get me wrong I'm glad they finally implemented them but they still seem pretty useless right now with them not taking over the controls when the pilot gets shot. way off topic I know just felt like it needed to be brought up some where though

I tried your code and it didn't work, it acted as i described it above. Using my edited code it would remove, then readd as per expected. This was from the debug console in the editor, so maybe something is different on a dedicated server or something?

Thanks for taking the time to do that kylania and its a shame you got the same result as me.

Strange that such a simple bit of code that speaks for its self has stopped working. I'm guessing with all the NV goggles class name changes that its because of something BIS has changed, but what. Like I said before this code worked fine before the last update, even the way I had it written.

Cheers.