Katana1000

Thrustmaster Warthog and rudder pedals set up?

Just tried flying the Helicopter in ARMA 3, cant figure out how to set my TM Warthog HOTAS and Saitek Combat rudder pedals as default devices, or even how to use their multi buttons ?

Tried flying with what seems default keyboard and mouse usage but I'm a die hard flight sim fanatic and cant fly without my controllers.

Have had a good look over the forum and tried search on this but see nothing.

Would appreciate help with this.

Thanks.

• Like 1

First welcome to the fourms,

Now are you able to see the devices in the controls configure screen while in A3. All you need to do is re map the controls like u do in any other game.

First welcome to the fourms,

Now are you able to see the devices in the controls configure screen while in A3. All you need to do is re map the controls like u do in any other game.

Thanks for welcome.

Yes I see my TM Warthog throttle and stick and also Saitek Combat rudder pedals too, but I'm not sure how to make them default or map them in ARMA 3 Beta?

I'm one of those old fart gamers 54 year old (as in a community thread here) who is a bit older and slower to adept to this new games interface so please be patient with me :)

I'll have another look and report back.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:38 ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 ----------

OK after fudging about in the controller screen I've got my TM Warthog stick working and the coolie hat switch shows basic left right views, but still no throttle/collective or rudder pedals working here?

It would be good if there was a video tutorial for dummys like me :)

Thanks again but I still need more help in this area. Honestly, this is not like how its done in most flight Sims.

• Like 1

Well normally you shall have to "fix" your controls. What I am saying is that you must tell the game what it should do for example when you increase the throttle.

That should be possible by going to the controls section. You should find where it says collective raise [analogue] and collective lower[analogue]. Then you should click on it and then increase or decrease the throttle on your controller. The collective raise [analogue] is for increasing the throttle and the later is for decreasing the throttle. That should do it.

Then you should do the same thing for the rudder pedals. Go to right pedal. Click on it and then press your right pedal on your controller. Go the the left pedal. Click on it and press your left pedal on your controller. And that is just it.

While you are doing all these things you shall see, after you have for example pressed your right pedal, some phrase appear, like Z axis, on the right window. That should mean that you have achieved your goal.

Hope this helped because this is how you work on Take on Helicopters. I haven't got Arma 3. But since it is from the same company it should work fine.:)

P.S. Currently the flight models of Arma 3 are far from realistic sadly. The Take on Helicopters flying models, a game which is 100% a sim, might be installed later on by a mod of some sort. Nevertheless I suppose that Arma 3 will be a great game in general.

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

Thanks Helicopterenthusiast! I was wondering the same thing as, alas, I to am an ol... elder gamer who is going to invest in a new rig soon for Arma III. Sure hope they get around to integrating TOH.

On 8/12/2013 at 3:38 PM, Katana1000 said:

Thanks for welcome.

Yes I see my TM Warthog throttle and stick and also Saitek Combat rudder pedals too, but I'm not sure how to make them default or map them in ARMA 3 Beta?

I'm one of those old fart gamers 54 year old (as in a community thread here) who is a bit older and slower to adept to this new games interface so please be patient with me :)

I'll have another look and report back.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:38 ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 ----------

OK after fudging about in the controller screen I've got my TM Warthog stick working and the coolie hat switch shows basic left right views, but still no throttle/collective or rudder pedals working here?

It would be good if there was a video tutorial for dummys like me :)

Thanks again but I still need more help in this area. Honestly, this is not like how its done in most flight Sims.

I am having EXACTLY the same problem. Exactly the same gear.

Please make a video on how to do it as I have been losing my hair trying to figure out how to get the collective to actually function and the Saitek pedals (rudder is named half a dozen things except rudder).

I managed to get them mapped in dozens of other games (space flight sims, MS Flight X Aerofly FS2 etc etc), so I dont know why they dont work properly in this game.

Also surprised that there is not a pre-map for $600+ controllers.