Sign in to follow this  
ToM666

play music on mission load

Hello again guys :)

I have pretty much finished my map now I just want to add two more features.

1) I would like to play an .gg audio file I have compiled at the start of the mission.

2) I am placing 2 enemy armoured vehicles close to the base and I want them to blow up on a timer so I get the timing right with the audio which is basically ambient battle noise.

Many Thanks

ToM

No one likes music intros. :) They are always way too loud and playing when people are trying to coordinate. For single player sure it's awesome, but skip it in multiplayer.

Place your ogg file in a music folder in your mission then declare it in your description.ext:

class cfgMusic
{
tracks[]={song1};

class track1
{
	name="song1";
	sound[] = {\music\song1.ogg, db+10, 1.0};
};
};

Then play it from your trigger, effects, tracks, song1.

Timing explosions to music is tricky, since there's no guarantee you won't lag and the music plays too slow or time passes too slow or whatever.

Trigger with a timeout min/mid/max of how many seconds you want to delay and a condition of true instead of this would do it. Then onAct of nameOfObject setDamage 1;

I disagree Kylania :) Everyone loves loud intros that get you pumped for the mission ahead haha

No one likes music intros. :) They are always way too loud and playing when people are trying to coordinate. For single player sure it's awesome, but skip it in multiplayer.

Place your ogg file in a music folder in your mission then declare it in your description.ext:

class cfgMusic
{
tracks[]={song1};

class track1
{
	name="song1";
	sound[] = {\music\song1.ogg, db+10, 1.0};
};
};

Then play it from your trigger, effects, tracks, song1.

Timing explosions to music is tricky, since there's no guarantee you won't lag and the music plays too slow or time passes too slow or whatever.

Trigger with a timeout min/mid/max of how many seconds you want to delay and a condition of true instead of this would do it. Then onAct of nameOfObject setDamage 1;

Don't worry kylania it is just ambient battle noise going on in the distance I've added for effect :)

Well once again mate everything you said had worked perfectly and I'm learning something knew every day. Thanks once again Sir :cool:

The good news is my mission is now finished and a good deal of the way it looks is down to kylania and his seemingly unending talent.

Keep a look out for the coop mission in the coming week guys over at armaholics. It will be called "[1st-TAG] Invasion". Just want to test it first with the clan make sure it plays okay :p

Thanks, and thanks kylania.

I'm starting to think kylania is a kind of gaurdian angel sent by BIS to watch over us mere mortals on the forums LOL

I'm starting to think kylania is a kind of gaurdian angel sent by BIS to watch over us mere mortals on the forums LOL

He is one of the most helpful guys on here in my experience and knows a lot. He's also made loads of cool little scripts.