lynx75

GID - Object Positioning System

I like this a lot... looks like I can finally position objects in 3D instead of using the kind of buggy 3D editor.

I have a problem though.

I can place an object .. but I have no idea how to select it and move it around.

Tried all sorts of keys.

What are the CTRL 0,1,2 slots for ?

You have to lock/unlock the object with the camera to select it with the "lock orange button". Then you can use rotation/translation buttons with selected increment (combo box) to move the object.

Please read carefully the readme file, this is not a 3D Editor, its just a little usefull tool.

You have to copy in the clipboard the spawn code by pressing the copy button and paste it (ctrl + v) in your own mission scripts, the tool doesn't write into the .sqm.

Is there any chance of allowing "arrow key" movement and rotation instead of N/S/E/W?

It would be really useful to be able to rotate and move items based on the current view since I'm rarely cognizant of the direction that my camera is facing.

"move" with right/left/up/down arrows, rotate with control+right/left, for example...

Other than my inability to remember which direction I'm facing, I really appreciate the "useful tool" that you have provided.

Thanks!

Hi Knobee, thanks for report.

All splendid cam features are available (open your map to see your camera facing direction or pressing escape and space bar to teleport you)

We are currently working on the next version of the LxOPS. It will be a much more powerfull tool than this little script :p.

Be patient.

Is there a way to save the placement in a way I can import it to the editor and the placement sticks?

I tried but it didn't work.

I made my design while in the editor, then opened MCC and saved as an SQM to clipboard. I then pasted it into the mission.sqm, and while the objects remained in their position, they were messed up, being affected by slopes, etc.