Sign in to follow this  
rat

A little contravesial?

look i dont want to start a flame war with anyone but i was stunned when i found out that the victims of the Sep 11 attack, well their families, are to get somthing like $1000000 in compensation, donations etc

i dont think i heard of any innocent Iraqui civillians or Afghans hurt by allied attacks getting squat

i may be wrong about this and please correct me if that is the case.....it just leaves a bad taste ......collateral dammage= dead people after all............

and also watching US coverage of the infinite justice operation,CNN etc, makes me ask does no one in the US realise what dammage their foriegn policy is doing/has done them as a nation?

like i said i dont want a fight i'm just a confused Brit trying to make sense of the madness we all have to live through

your opinions?

I dont think that families affected by 9/11 should get that kind of money. This is absurd and upsetting. I dont recall people getting large sums of money for those killed in the 93' attack or in Oklahoma City. I feel that if they didn't earn it, they dont deserve it. As far as Operation Enduring Freedom goes, most of the people I know agree with the way things are being handled.

Please be aware of the fact that the money was collected from fellow Americans, and the funds are being managed and distributed by the American Red Cross.

They getting paid millions of bucks ,so they won't sue the gov't and airlines.Is it wrong ? I don't know,because those people paid taxes to protect them from the attack that happen on 9/11,soo i call it a refund. smile.gif

Well if the Iraqis were inteligent enough to overthrow Saddam and start a democracy they wouldn't have to worry about that would they?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rat @ Aug. 08 2002,03:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont think i heard of any innocent Iraqui civillians or Afghans hurt by allied attacks getting squat<span id='postcolor'>

The Afghans are getting a whole new government that is free of oppression, and the Iraqis will eventually get one too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (billytran @ Aug. 08 2002,06:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rat @ Aug. 08 2002,03:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont think i heard of any innocent Iraqui civillians or Afghans hurt by allied attacks getting squat<span id='postcolor'>

The Afghans are getting a whole new government that is free of oppression, and the Iraqis will eventually get one too.<span id='postcolor'>

You mean free of oppression that the US doesnt approve of.

Example:

Saudi Arabia.

The US has a history of propping up opressive regimes, so long as they are working in the US's interests. You cant take the high road on this one, it's a fact.

Give us some examples other than the Taliban. And explain it. The Saudis? Arn't they on our side??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Aug. 08 2002,06:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Give us some examples other than the Taliban.  And explain it.  The Saudis?  Arn't they on our side??<span id='postcolor'>

That's the point.

Oppresive governments on the side of the USA arent threatened or harrased. It's only when it's oppression that the US disagrees with that they play the 'rescue the world from evil' card. There is nothing wrong with doing things in the interest of your nation. That's human nature. It's just the the US government seems to think that by couching it in jingoistic rhetoric about a fight against evil, that it gives them carte blanche to do what they like.

well, the fund is mostly donations from Americans, so i see nothing wrong with it, since it's not surprising that many ppl got shocked so bad they want to donate.

Iraq can do the same. each civilian can donate money and pay US's victims(so to speak). Did US stop that?

First of all, Saudi Arabia is nowhere near as oppresive as the Taliban was. The Taliban participated in all kinds of horrible atrocities such as the murders of women for no reason. Saudi Arabia's problem is that they have supported terrorism. However, there is a lot of movement against Saudi Arabia in the US. If the US invades Iraq, we will have very little reason to support the Saudis since we'd have easier access to Iraqi oil and could probably have pretty good access to Russian oil as well. There is a big movement in the US growing against the Saudis.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (billytran @ Aug. 08 2002,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saudi Arabia's problem is that they have supported terrorism.  However, there is a lot of movement against Saudi Arabia in the US.  <span id='postcolor'>

seems your world is confined to NRA meeting and Republican Party meeting.

do you have sure evidence that SA is supporting terrorism? so you think a gov't is capable of controling every sector of society?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If the US invades Iraq, we will have very little reason to support the Saudis since we'd have easier access to Iraqi oil and could probably have pretty good access to Russian oil as well. <span id='postcolor'>

and you wonder why forum's europeans don't like US. wink.gif

and how does invading and taking Iraq give us control of Russian oil? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is a big movement in the US growing against the Saudis.<span id='postcolor'>

i didn't see it in LA. biggrin.gif

but i did see lot of SA-ians getting pissed off at US.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (billytran @ Aug. 08 2002,06:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rat @ Aug. 08 2002,03:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont think i heard of any innocent Iraqui civillians or Afghans hurt by allied attacks getting squat<span id='postcolor'>

The Afghans are getting a whole new government that is free of oppression, and the Iraqis will eventually get one too.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, you mean like the American one??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (billytran @ Aug. 08 2002,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First of all, Saudi Arabia is nowhere near as oppresive as the Taliban was.  The Taliban participated in all kinds of horrible atrocities such as the murders of women for no reason.  Saudi Arabia's problem is that they have supported terrorism.  However, there is a lot of movement against Saudi Arabia in the US.  If the US invades Iraq, we will have very little reason to support the Saudis since we'd have easier access to Iraqi oil and could probably have pretty good access to Russian oil as well.  There is a big movement in the US growing against the Saudis.<span id='postcolor'>

ROFL

/No comment.

We don't need to have 20 US vs the world threads. They also have a tendency to become pointless flame wars.

Closing smile.gif