Sign in to follow this  
cuel

[DEV, Co18] Operation Recovery

M3jGkuf.png

CO18 - Operation Recovery

by Cuel

• Situation

At roughly 14:32 today a MV-22 carrying four passengers and a pilot was shot down over Stratis. Prior to the crash it managed to send us footage of heavy artillery located somewhere on Stratis.

The location and the entire footage is crucial for future operations within the area and must be retrieved at any cost.

• Execution

You will be inserted by Ghost Hawks from the USS Khe Sahn during the night. Your approach is south-east from the crash site.

Once in the water, quickly locate and secure the MV-22 wreck and search for the black box. It is also vital that you identify all bodies on the scene.

• Features

- Long & partly dynamic mission, took us two hours to complete during testing

- Water & Land combat with custom loadouts dependant on class

- Friendly on-screen identification script when within range

- ~100 enemies, optimized spawns

- Custom support scripts for SQL's

- =BTC= Revive

• Changelog

v1.4

-Fixed action not working

v1.3

-Hotfix

v1.2

-Fixed task updates not showing up

-Fixed enemy divers acting weird

-Delayed call support script to not confuse people (and read the tasks!)

-Changed some descriptions

v1.1

-Disabled a sneaky debug

Edited by cuel

Tried this in co-op (hosted). The first two tries, I was ejected from the helicopter during insertion and died when I hit the ocean. I suspected this was because nobody took the Team Leader slot, so I did so and the insertion went as planned. However, I as the client was unable to see any of the enemies. My friend (the server) could see them, but all I could see was his bullet impacts (puffs of blood) in the water and then a gun would appear and drop to the bottom. Also, we kept getting randomly teleported to the surface. I suspected this happened when we strayed too far from the search area.

That sounds really weird 2nd ranger! The eject from helicopter code runs on the client alas it should not cause you to die, but I'll take a look at it.

The squad leader should not have anything to do with the insertion. Did you simply start the mission or did you wait for everyone to load first ?

For the 2nd problem it sounds absolutely like a desync problem, as createUnit is a global command. There is nothing in my code that would cause units to only show up on one computer

v1.1 - Disabled debug :rolleyes:

Found the wreak, got shot by divers (who don't move), went back to them - HOW THE HELL DO YOU KILL THEM - the gun I had had no effect on killing them, even right up to there faces. (of course died again). Also the support drop onto the hill caused package to blow up in flames - so no other guns to select.

Found the wreak, got shot by divers (who don't move), went back to them - HOW THE HELL DO YOU KILL THEM - the gun I had had no effect on killing them, even right up to there faces. (of course died again). Also the support drop onto the hill caused package to blow up in flames - so no other guns to select.

The same bug for me. :confused:

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

The same bug for me. :confused:

Found the wreck, identified the bodies, went ashore, got a new gun, killed the ppl on beach, looked around for the black box, went back to the wreck to look - NOTHING. Where is the black box suppost to be?

Found the wreck, identified the bodies, went ashore, got a new gun, killed the ppl on beach, looked around for the black box, went back to the wreck to look - NOTHING. Where is the black box suppost to be?

So. smile.png

I'll fix the diver issue you're talking about, they were supposed to be unaware of you being inserted but it's an easy fix.

Once the wreck has been found and the bodies is identfied the black box task is cancelled and you receive two new tasks. Did you notice this? If not I think there's a bug with taskmaster that causes the new taskHints to not show correctly. Edit: Just checked it, it used call instead of spawn so that's fixed.

Did the box get parachuted? If not, you're running stable which does not have the ability to parachute items.

Edited by cuel

We get in the water, find the wreck, see the divers, however you cannot kill them. They sit there in a standing position.

Once bodies identified we get new tasks. We goto shore, call in supply which parachute drops in. We get weapons and go kill the ones on beach. Task completed but still task for black box shows - no info on where to go next, did notice that task for supply crate not completed even thou we have it and selected weapons from it.

Will try again this afternoon and see if things change.

Apart from small issues (and still some debug messages appearing) it is an enjoyable mission.

Here's a new version:

Download v1.3

Changelog:

v1.3

-Hotfix

v1.2

-Fixed task updates not showing up

-Fixed enemy divers acting weird

-Delayed call support script to not confuse people (and read the tasks)

-Changed some descriptions

We get in the water, find the wreck, see the divers, however you cannot kill them. They sit there in a standing position.

Once bodies identified we get new tasks. We goto shore, call in supply which parachute drops in. We get weapons and go kill the ones on beach. Task completed but still task for black box shows - no info on where to go next, did notice that task for supply crate not completed even thou we have it and selected weapons from it.

Will try again this afternoon and see if things change.

Apart from small issues (and still some debug messages appearing) it is an enjoyable mission.

Fixed most of what you described, do you know what debug message it was?

Edited by cuel

Good job, excellent fix. All seems to work well now, although not sure if we have a problem with VIP. Still trying to find him (although he seemed to spawn at Camp Maxwell, found him there, healed him and then a minute later he disappeared)

Anyway, again good job, having fun on this mission (like them when not too much involved).

That does indeed sound weird jungleNZ, checked his spawn locations and none of them are close to camp maxwell. You sure it was not the enemy officer? Tell me if it happens again.

Superb mission, cuel! Me and my buddies loved it.

Although I haven't read all posts here, I must say that while playing version 1.3 we found that the blackbox was buried inside a bunker and could not be taken. We heard the noise and went to investigate it, only to find out we couldn't select it.

We're off to play version 1.4, anyway. Great job on the mission.

ps: Sorry, didn't realize we were running Stable.

Edited by rakowozz

It should be fixed, sadly I can not test it in a dedicated environment atm since my dedicated refuses to load any mission.

Note that you should be aiming at the table, not the radio since the radio is too small to have an addAction attached to it.

Thanks for all the fixes Cuel. It is a good mission.

We are still getting the VIP appearing at camp maxwell and then disappearing, however once heal and we find locator (bb) he seems to follow to beach. (Last time we played we had him near the extraction point only to have our vehicle with him in it being blown up by enemy helicopter - couple of things I added to the mission)

Have got v1.4 so will run that tonight and see if any bugs still appear. Are you working on another mission?

Thanks, I'll double check the spawning locations for the VIP.

Currently working on a couple of scripts, not missions. Hopefully in the future!