Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Criminal addon (in the works...maybe)

I was thinking of making a "criminal" addon, to ad some criminal units for the police to fight.

What I need to now is the ingame/config.cpp name for the civilian models, so I can assign weapons to them. (I might do some reskins if I get around to it).

I was thinking of setting their side to East, since the civilian police are instantly hostile to the East anyway.

For weapons, I was thinking along the lines of CZ75/Tokarev pistols, Skorpion SMG, AK47/AK47CZ rifles, Kozlice shotgun, and maybe DKM mod's Mossberg 500 shotgun.

So what do you think? Good idea? Suggestions?

OK, I'm messing around with the addon now...shouldn't have too much trouble getting it ready in the next day or so...any suggestions for weapon loadouts?

You could also give them glocks and berettas too, mabey some UZI's , submachinguns would be great, but i cant think of any addon smg's right now..

I have already made a Russian Mafia addon, they carry Uzi's, Tokarev's, DKM's Mossberg, and AK47's. They use the civilian 5 and 6 models ( they look the most criminal-ish). If you want the PBO i can email it to, since i dont have my own webpage yet. I might consider making Columbian Cartels or Italian mafia too.

wiseguys....mmmmmmmmm shades and smg.......the posibilities....good luck with yer work biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 05 2002,15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was thinking of making a "criminal" addon, to ad some criminal units for the police to fight.

What I need to now is the ingame/config.cpp name for the civilian models, so I can assign weapons to them. (I might do some reskins if I get around to it).

I was thinking of setting their side to East, since the civilian police are instantly hostile to the East anyway.

For weapons, I was thinking along the lines of CZ75/Tokarev pistols, Skorpion SMG, AK47/AK47CZ rifles, Kozlice shotgun, and maybe DKM mod's Mossberg 500 shotgun.

So what do you think? Good idea? Suggestions?<span id='postcolor'>

yea but the problem is that though the nogova police are very hostile to the east units, the east units just stand there looking stupid while they get shot. unless you set the unit side to west or resistance.

I modified the config of O.pbo to set the police to be resistance, and as another person mentioned, there is an addon with resistance police.

This would be great. We could make missions where you play cops/robbers, hehe.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Aug. 06 2002,04:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This would be great.  We could make missions where you play cops/robbers, hehe.<span id='postcolor'>

Multiplayer Madness anyone? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Aug. 06 2002,04:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 05 2002,15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was thinking of making a "criminal" addon, to ad some criminal units for the police to fight.

So what do you think? Good idea? Suggestions?<span id='postcolor'>

yea but the problem is that though the nogova police are very hostile to the east units, the east units just stand there looking stupid while they get shot. unless you set the unit side to west or resistance.<span id='postcolor'>

I was thinking about that...after I've made the east criminals, I might make a west or resistance police force (including sharpshooter with SVD, shotgun cop etc.)

I will be releasing the criminal addon in two packs...one for "official" weapons, and another with some extra criminal units that utlise some user made addons (DKM Mossberg, Cpt Moore's SPAS12, Kegetys revolvers etc.). Since I won't be redistributing other people's work, these will need the appropriate addons installed to run... smile.gif

I allready got 3 cops&robbers missions, im working on mission 4, once that is done i will release it to the public as a mission pack

I've had loads of people play them with me (im not joking now) they love them smile.gif

Don't forget drive-by-shootings!

Simply define a new car with a gun on one side... biggrin.gif

I'm having a weird problem with this addon:

When I add a Kozlice (with shells) and CZ75 to a guy, I can't use the Kozlice (the ammo counter reads 0, and I can't reload). The ammo still shows up in my gear, but I can't use it.

Strangely, when I set this exact same unit as AI, he merrily blasts away with his Kozlice shells!

Help?

I actually don't play MP much, it's too complicated.

Personally, I'd rather have SP missions or maybe a campaign if this really hit it off.

How about a campaign based on what the Nogova police were doing during the invasion...probably just riding around in those jeeps while the farmers do the shooting biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 06 2002,14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm having a weird problem with this addon:

When I add a Kozlice (with shells) and CZ75 to a guy, I can't use the Kozlice (the ammo counter reads 0, and I can't reload). The ammo still shows up in my gear, but I can't use it.

Strangely, when I set this exact same unit as AI, he merrily blasts away with his Kozlice shells!

Help?<span id='postcolor'>

FA_Dali_lama used the brilliant Remmimgton, just use his. They are up at ofp.info.

there is a large number of weapons which could be used by criminals... for example all the lost brothers pacs (maybe except the G3 and the famas with m203) can be used..the ump,the mp5 navy(sd), the mp5k(sd) ,the m249 para (short saw)from taiwan weapon workshop, maybe the sig 550 and 552 from desert storm (ok..theyre a bit ugly). there is a fixed beretta 92 out.... you see there are so many weapons that could be usefull for those addons ... will be great in multiplayer biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 07 2002,12:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 06 2002,14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm having a weird problem with this addon:

Help?<span id='postcolor'>

FA_Dali_lama used the brilliant Remmimgton, just use his. They are up at ofp.info.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but I wanted 1 criminal pack that used only official weapons...anyone know why this bug occurs? Why should it work with AI, but not for a player? confused.gif

Try adding the magazines first...

kozliceball

kozliceshell

I hope you know that, smile.gif

Yep, did that.

Strangely, this problem only seems to occur when i use all shell ammo, and not with a mix, or all ball ammo.

Bizarre!