Sign in to follow this  
msy

Hitbox of vehicles are too rough, Can you definition every part more rational?

eg. When I shoot the hull of the truck with MG then the wheels are broken too. When I shoot the rear door of the car then the engine is broken too. when I only shoot the wheel I can destroy the whole car.

Do you think only totally damaged the door can cause a destroy of a car? My bullets even don't touch the engine and the feul tank.

Can you dev learn from some tank game?

Make more useful hitbox definition, more useful details please.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

And I find that for the two new APC, unless the feul is broken they can't blow up by hundreds of 20mm AP or HE, it may be a good step but I can still damage the wheels when I only shoot the hull.

Edited by msy

My guess is that, in the same way damage was "weighted" on a character's body, it is still weighted on vehicles hitboxes, which means that when you hit a part of the vehicle, the damage will spread to nearby hitpoints.

This is obviously wrong, and could probably be fixed in the same way it was for soldiers.

It seems like more of a matter of set up. The system they have now, providing it hasn't changed much since arma 2, should be able to handle damage locations, bullet penetrations, splash damage, etc.

Does projectiles in Arma 2 and 3 bounce if hitting a surface at a steep angle or is it treated like an impact regardless of what angle a surface was hit?

Does projectiles in Arma 2 and 3 bounce if hitting a surface at a steep angle or is it treated like an impact regardless of what angle a surface was hit?

At least missiles can bounce if hit in a bad angle. A TOW missile on a Metis Launcher.

I have never seen bounce rockets,but bullets bounce of from armor,depending on wich angel you shoot them.You can test it with tracer rounds.