Sign in to follow this  
TehWekr

TRG, MK20 Question

What is the difference of these guns? I think they are just reskins of each other.

But if there is a difference:

Who has more accuracy?

Faster Accuracy Recovery?

Firing rate?

As of dev branch, the TRG is going to be the assault rifle for the second Independent faction.

They arent same ...

they just fire the same ammo (5.56)

Not sure about accuracy but i think the TRG is more accurate , firing rate is almost same

Edited by Maio

They arent same ...

they just fire the same ammo (5.56)

Not sure about accuracy but i think the TRG is more accurate , firing rate is almost same

Not to mention the TRG sounds way beefier :cool:

Thread moved to proper section ;)

So the MK20 is inferior to the TRG?

Not really. The Mk20 has less recoil (the TRG kicks like a beast for a 5.56) and a higher fire rate so it should be more useful in closer spaces. It also has faster recovery due to less recoil.

So the MK20 has more firing rate and lower recoil hence fast recovery while the TRG gets more accuracy over range?

Can someone show me a side by side comparison? I cant do those kinds of videos.

What exactly are you trying to achieve here?

Initially I was trying to figure out what weapon is better over range or CQC.

Now I am trying to determine who has less accuracy/more accuracy, more firing rate/less firing rate and more recoil/less recoil.

Problem is that I cant do a proper side by side simulation.

In ArmA games, there really aren't 'inferior' and 'superior' weapons. Both guns are accurate in the sense that the bullet will ALWAYS go where the muzzle is pointed (specially since they both fire the same round), the only differences being in fire rate, recoil, weapon size, weight.

So instead of trying to find out, objectively, which gun is better, why don't you play with both? Play with them, and find out which gun works better for you, in what situations.

i think the TRG is basicly the F2000, and the M20 is some kind of MTAR variant

the M20 is therefore (if i got it right) a crewman/CQB weapon, whereas the TRG is a bullup AR

this is where the firing range challenges would be great if you could chose your weapon to get a feel for how it works in a focused enviroment

i think the TRG is basicly the F2000, and the M20 is some kind of MTAR variant

the M20 is therefore (if i got it right) a crewman/CQB weapon, whereas the TRG is a bullup AR

this is where the firing range challenges would be great if you could chose your weapon to get a feel for how it works in a focused enviroment

Uh, no. First off, you got the two weapons mixed up. The Mk20 is the F2000, while the TRG is the Tavor. Also, the Tavor is used by the Israeli army as an assault rifle, and there is a version of it with a full length barrel in the game.

Both are bullpup, thus they are shorter, and better at CQB, but still should have full, AR length, barrels.

Isn't the point of a bullpup rifle to be shorter while still having a full-length rifle barrel(not including PDWs and such)?

Edited by MadocComadrin

Isn't the point of a bullpup rifle to be shorter while still having a full-length rifle (not including PDWs and such)?

The rifle itself is shorter , the barrel isn't usually shorter because of that. (bullpop)

Ofc, some of the real differences are not even noticable in-game (comfort, weight etc). It was discussed here on another thread, that the weapon size (in-game ) won't matter in CQB.

Sadly, barrel lenght doesn't matter at all, is down to ammo configs.

In ArmA games, there really aren't 'inferior' and 'superior' weapons. Both guns are accurate in the sense that the bullet will ALWAYS go where the muzzle is pointed (specially since they both fire the same round), the only differences being in fire rate, recoil, weapon size, weight.

So instead of trying to find out, objectively, which gun is better, why don't you play with both? Play with them, and find out which gun works better for you, in what situations.

Thats the problem, they feel exactly the same. A few staticstics might help to determine which gun has the edge on CQC or long range engagements.

The thing is, optics have a bunch to do with "the edge" at ranges too, not just the gun's own stats whatever they may be, though some of them may be inferred. For example, at one point the Vermin SMG's recoil was hilariously low-seeming compared to that of assault rifles... but in return, it is/was only firing pistol bullets (although in .45 ACP) with correspondingly lower effective range.