Sign in to follow this  
red_spring

UH80 Ghosthawk ejecting issues

Hello everyone, I wanted to say that I found a little but annoying bug while ejecting from the Ghosthawk when you're flying above 1000m. I made a video to explain the dynamic of this little issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8FA1VUwq2A

Are you having the same issue ? Try to eject from the Ghosthawk when you're above 1000m and let me know if it's only my problem or if you're having the same issue :eek:

Sure you didn't hit the rotors? Try to see it in third person.

Sure you didn't hit the rotors? Try to see it in third person.

I'll check asap, but I'm pretty sure I didn't

With autohover I get wounded, without it I die

Edited by Red_Spring

That's OK. With the latest stable build even if you eject properly you don't get the open parachute option if you put on the parachute while in the bird. :)

I do believe realistically helicopters do need to be staying still for you to parachute out of safely. You run the risk of hitting the fuselage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but almost every time I've seen videos of someone skydiving from a helicopter it has been very nearly still.

Edit: At least in regard to helicopters where you need to skydive from the sides. Not from the back like something from an MI-8.

Argh, rewatched your video. Just realized you were completely still. Regardless, the helicopters will kill you if you are traveling at about 150+ km/h for those interested.

Edited by NuclearDruid

I do believe realistically helicopters do need to be staying still for you to parachute out of safely. You run the risk of hitting the fuselage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but almost every time I've seen videos of someone skydiving from a helicopter it has been very nearly still.

Edit: At least in regard to helicopters where you need to skydive from the sides. Not from the back like something from an MI-8.

Argh, rewatched your video. Just realized you were completely still. Regardless, the helicopters will kill you if you are traveling at about 150+ km/h for those interested.

Yeah, I was completely still at about 1178m.

I don't know why but I always get wounded or killed.

Are you sure about the 150 km/h thing ?

Yeah, I was completely still at about 1178m.

I don't know why but I always get wounded or killed.

Are you sure about the 150 km/h thing ?

Fairly certain. It seemed to be around that speed while playing coop that killed other players.

Fairly certain. It seemed to be around that speed while playing coop that killed other players.

Looks like you're right, same thing happened here

So ejecting at high speeds will kill you? Is it because of the collision damage / PhysX related thing or actually simulation that you hit the tail rotor or body of chopper? I hope that the bug of OP gets fixed, but I also really hope that they will keep it so that ejecting at high speeds will kill you, I've always wanted to see that in the game. Much more realistic and balances the game. No more rambos that fly over you with max speed and drop a whole squad on you! :p

So ejecting at high speeds will kill you? Is it because of the collision damage / PhysX related thing or actually simulation that you hit the tail rotor or body of chopper? I hope that the bug of OP gets fixed, but I also really hope that they will keep it so that ejecting at high speeds will kill you, I've always wanted to see that in the game. Much more realistic and balances the game. No more rambos that fly over you with max speed and drop a whole squad on you! :p

No to blade the game through bugs, plus unless you hit something like the rotors or tail, speed would not matter.

Yes, this is an obvious bug. Actually, it's one of the better bug candidates I've seen unearthed by the community. It happens under very specific circumstances, was probably hard to find, but is easily reproduced, and has a dramatic effect on gameplay when it happens. Report it and I'm sure it will be fixed as soon as they can.