Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Video Diaries

What if BIS would make video diaries, about ongoing work, from time to time? Watching devblog of vostok games right now, about survarium. Tbh, i like it a LOT more, the sit and spotreps all together.

What ya think?

I think they have better things to do, SITREP and the other one are fine, they promissed some more livestreams ahead, more "Report In!" would be cool. But I'm not saying I'm against it. ;)

Gamesessions with Devs on the other hand....

Would be nice. They need 2 things though:

1. A free member of the marketing team to direct-film-edit-upload the videos.

2. Members from different teams to be filmed doing their work or talking about it after hours.

Would be nice. They need 2 things though:

1. A free member of the marketing team to direct-film-edit-upload the videos.

2. Members from different teams to be filmed doing their work or talking about it after hours.

Yeah. Could absolutely be done with some work and without disturbing all too many shy programmers but someone central would have to carry around a camera all the time, stage interesting footage on occasion and spend some hours editing it before uploading.

And for it to not just be a video of programmers programming like most early vid docs 5 years back there would have to be some short interviews and designers talking about their work which takes some hours of their time too.

I would be great for the devs to get some recognition in that way though.

I always get a little alarmed when I see developer diaries of high production value. You know, interviews switching between multiple camera POVs, sexy titles and MTV editing. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Aliens: Colonial Marines had great developer diaries. I wouldn't mind a little insight about the people behind BI and ArmA 3, but I also like the way BI often has lead the community and it's engine do all the talking.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Aliens: Colonial Marines had great developer diaries.

They had?

BIS DESTROY EVERY CAMERA IN THE OFFICE RIGHT NAO!

:yay: